“Best seafood and service in NC”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We enjoyed an excellent meal and fast and professional service. We dine there at least once a week and particularly when we have out of own guests.

2  Thank Bill G

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Tonight we stopped in to the Boathouse with some family--nine of us in all--for a good NC seafood feast. While traditionally NC seafood is fried, I chose a blackened Mahi with a Mango chutney. I have to say that the Mahi was as nice a "steak" as I could ask for: very meaty; and very tender all the same. The seasoning was quite spicy, but the chutney balanced it nicely. While I enjoyed the fish, I have to say something about the hushpuppies--I haven't had a good ol', no-non-sense corn hushpuppy in a long time. They were excellent. Pretty much everyone else at the table had a fried combo. Each reported that their food was light and not greasy. And, the main comment was the size of the flounder. HUGE! No one with a platter could finish their food. Everyone at the table enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. I would definitely return.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Everyone kept telling us that we NEEDED to go to a Calabash restaurant while in Wilmington. This was the only one I could find after a quick google search. I got grilled garlic shrimp and was very disappointed. The shrimp was tiny and very tasteless. I left the majority of plate and didn't even bother getting a doggie bag. My boyfriend got salmon and was not impressed either.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Have to say we were a little disappointed because after reading the reviews we were really looking forward to dinner here! It was average good and I can't say anything bad about the place. Our waitress was good and there was ample seating. There are just better choices in Wilmington for good food. this place is just okay....

2  Thank Cbgurl
Reviewed November 5, 2013

In was going on vacation at Carolina Beach in September of 2013, I told a friend where i was going and he recommended I eat at the Boathouse. Let me just say the food was absolutely great! It was so good that i had eaten there two days straight. The seafood was fresh, the calabash shrimp was the largest i have ever had. The rib-eye steak (12 oz) I had was cooked perfectly. The ribs were fall of the bone tender. The food was delicious and not to mention the collard greens were very good coming from a seafood place. I would eat there at least twice a week if I didn't have to drive 300 miles from Winston-Salem N.C. When i return to Carolina Beach next year, you better believe the Boathouse will be the first place I stop for dinner and lunch !