“Was treated like family”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I asked for a late arrival and I was welcomed with a lovely lady with a smile. If you have ever checked in a hotel late you know this is rare. My room was clean and I was very pleased with the price. The next morning while eating my breakfast the Morning desk clerk chatted with me and if we were family or friends. I've never experienced such a friendly staff. As I checked out the manager introduced himself with a big smile and ask how was my stay! That has never happen. Great hotel, great price, minutes from downtown Wilmington, just a few more minutes from beaches. Win-Win I stayed on 7/20/13

3  Thank Brenda J

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in July 2013 all the staff and manager were all happy and friendly I could pick any were better because they have good staffs and manager and they are so clean and I like to stay at clean places they also have good prices to I prefer people to come stay here.

2  Thank DonnaR49673
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here on 7/18/2013 and did not get 1 hour of sleep even because of loud screaming (man and woman) loud sexual noises, obnoxiously loud conversations all night long. The night manager said I must be wrong and wanted to move me rooms at 4:30 AM!!! I have to be up for a big test early in the morning on no sleep! Thank you econo lodge for not taking care of the customer!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jme08
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been staying at this location for the past 4 years, mostly for business in the Wilmington area. Since the Econo Lodge took over this operation over a year ago, the rooms have been upgraded, and the overall professional feel of the entire complex is exactly what a business traveler needs. Strong internet wifi throughout the complex, and free breakfast each morning. The front desk staff Ester and Loytannia are always helpful and courteous. They recognize me from my many visits, and have assisted me with special requests such as extended check out time.. or information about potential clients in the area. The rooms are always clean, and the refrigerator and microwave make is easy to reduce expenses, by keeping some food items in the room for extended visits. I always stay at the Econo Lodge when I am in Wilmington. I have recommended this location to other business associates.

Room Tip: The Econo Lodge itself is well off the main Market Street area. Noise from passing cars is not an i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

If there is any 5-star review here then this is a fake. This place is the worst ever.
1. On arrival the receptionist told us the rate is $69- which was the rate advertised in Tripadvisor. When the manager saw us he changed the rate to $89. With taxes we ended up paying more than $100
2. The "outstanding " breakfast consists of watered down coffee, artificial creamer, some dry bread and there was a pancake maker. Everything else is decoration (plastic fruits)
3. The rooms are ok for $50, but for $100 you can stay in the Holiday Inn across the street that is pure luxury compared with the run-down rooms you get in the Econolodge.

On the upside : the staff was friendly.

My conclusion : for $50 And without the manager lying about the rate I would stay there. But at the rate we paid I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chrischris22222
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at Econo Lodge for fourth of July week, it was a great experience. the housekeepers were extremely nice and the front desk clerks were very helpful understanding to all situations. The breakfast was the thing my children loved. the waffle maker, juice, fresh coffee, biscuits were all extremely good. We were all respected by all staff members and by then end of the week we truly felt like a part of the family.

3  Thank NelsonPedraza
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I stayed overnight, had breakfast the next morning, staff members were at hand if anyone needed any help, made sure food was plentiful, assisted quickly customers with waffle maker, made coffee, emptied trash in a prompt manner, really appreciate their service, this is the best service i have experienced in a long time.

4  Thank nakisha w