“seen one old mansion, seen them all”
Review of Bellamy Mansion

Bellamy Mansion
Ranked #5 of 114 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed March 23, 2014

It's a beautiful 10,000 square foot antebellum architecture but we've been through so many historic homes they all start to look the same to me. We did not take the guided tour. We just went through the house on our own. Maybe a tour guide telling you history and other interesting facts would have made it better but I always like to just go off on my own and take my time taking pictures. The rooms only have a few pieces of period furniture in them. It would have been much nicer if they could have entirely furnished the rooms.

There are newer reviews for Bellamy Mansion

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you enjoy history or just a fan of nice houses then the Bellamy Mansion you will enjoy. The tour guides are very personable and knowledgeable and the house's history is engaging. Tour last about an hour and the museum has one of the only surviving examples of urban slave quarters in the country...a site an American should take the time to explore and learn. Walking distance from Front Street, downtown so you are not far from the everything else the city has to offer.
Apparently they also can also rent the house out for weddings. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon, but I'm sure they are some brides out there who would love a wedding pictures in front of some beautiful antebellum architecture.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Really enjoyed this tour. Began with 10 min. film to familiarize visitors with the mansion's history. Great tour guide then showed us all 5 floors of the house and explained their significance. I look forward to visiting again when their renovations are completed. Well worth the time!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Lovely home with fun history facts about the family, the town, and the times. The house has very little furniture, etc, and is mostly focused on the innovative architecture and family history. I have been twice, and enjoyed both tours.

2  Thank A A
Reviewed January 23, 2014

While the house itself is quite nice and has a lot of nice features, it is almost totally unfurnished, and that was simply not what I was expecting. Other mansion tours I have taken had fully furnished homes that recalled the time from when they were built.

2  Thank SyminC