“Great stay in Wilmington”

Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in late May 2012. The beds were super comfortable. Rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Super friendly reception. This hotel has a managers reception thru Thursday, the young girl hosting seemed inexperienced and aloof but did her job well.
Location was perfect for business stay. I will definately recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Another guest, with luggage, and small child in tow, entered my room after I was asleep, using a key, obviously programmed by the front desk. When I confronted the person at the front desk, only a few hours later, instead of apologizing, they denied they gave someone else a key to my room. So, I waited till the next moring to talk to the manager. After talking to the manager she also denied that anyone had entered my room and made some type of absurd insinuation that I must have made a mistake and, thought someone entered my room. It was the most ridiculous conversation I had ever had with a person who is supposed to be working in a customer service job. Instead of just saying, they were sorry and made a mistake, they attempted to make me feel like I was dreaming or hallucinating and thought that someone entered my room. Not only will I never stay at the Wingate in Wilmington, NC. I will never stay at another Wingate becaue of the manager. It was crazy. My wife and I left just shaking our heads at how crazy the conversation wtih the manager was. And by the way, I have a CCW permit and could have possibly killed the person, thinking they were an intruder. It is a very dangerous situation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Peter M
Reviewed March 22, 2012

For a budget hotel, rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable. Staff is kind, and professional. Even happy hour is okay, but the breakfast is great. Lots of choices! Free wifi.100% smoke free which is a plus. I might be tempted to stay here even if I wasn't working!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HMSchneider
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were very please with our stay here! The breakfast was great! The hotel was very clean and so quiet. Glad we staye here and we will return!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fperry3288
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Wingate was a clean and comfortable place to stay in the beautiful city of Wilmington, NC. Our room was large and included a desk, microwave and refrig all under $100. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was quiet.

Room Tip: Oh, yes, the surprises: happy hour from 5-7 week nights and an excellent hot breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthCarolinaquilter
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great location. Plenty to eat nearby. Plus 3 mins away from a fantastic church - Port City Community Church. Breakfast was good. TV was good. Pillows: short, fat, and round - not to my liking. That was the only drawback.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Reasonably priced hotel in an area with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. About 10 minutes away from Wrightsville Beach and downtown. Good selection of choices with the included hot breakfast. Enjoyed the whirlpool!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple