“You will enjoy this Hotel...”

Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Thomasville, Georgia
“You will enjoy this Hotel...”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Wingate is one of the hotel chains that has, I think, figured it out. A nice room, a nice lobby, work out room, pool, guest "appreciation gatherings", etc etc.

Making sure I feel "at home" is what I think makes this place awesome.

My room was perfect, my check in flawless, everything looked as if it was honestly checked out for me.

This is a First Class hotel!

Room Tip: Check in, Enjoy... Period.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Goldsboro, NC
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend getaway the first week in October. Riverfest was going on so the hotels were booked up. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of thier way to help us. The room was super clean and the king sized bed were the most comfortable I had ever slept on in a hotel. Also the breakfast had plenty of food no matter what time we walked by. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean, Friendly and Affordable. What more could you ask for! Oh yeah, free cookies every evening! Yum!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Randleman, NC
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed here back in April with my husband and 3 year old daughter! The lady at the front desk was very nice and the room was super clean and so very comfortable! We loved the pool and hot tub! We will def stay here again next time we are in Wilmington!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank karmommy
Chapel Hill
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed here on a quick, three-day pleasure trip to the coast. The rooms were clean (non-smoking policy is great), the staff was polite, helpful and responsive. The breakfast buffet was fresh and the staff kept it well-stocked and clean. They were in the midst of some renovations/repairs while we were there and even the sub-contractors kept their work area clean and neat. Obviously, they try to keep this hotel looking good. Whoever is managing this place is doing a great job. I recommend it highly and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for what you prefer.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 49463Visitor
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I came to the Wingate after leaving The Baymont (see my review). At only $30 more on my total, this hotel was such a relief! The girl at thr desk was very friendly and informative. She set up the taxi service to take my friend to the airport. The room was big with a mini fridge, microwave, and comfy beds. The hotel was mid renovations, so there was dust in the hall and at times it was difficult to go between the room and the elevator. That was the ONLY inconvenience from the work, I couldn't hear the workers in my room. Overall, I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank StephP1121
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Our problems with the Wingate began after check-out. As soon as we reached home, we realized that we had left some clothes on hangers in the closet at the hotel. We called immediately and were told they couldn't check for us until the following morning. After numerous calls (with limited response) they claim they found only some of our things. All of the newer items were missing. The manager flippantly commented that customers usually find missing items in their suitcases and we would eventually find them. We asked her to double-check the "lost and found" but she didn't call us back until after a complaint call to Wyndham corporate customer service. The clothes are still missing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple