Very nice place. This is NOT a true bed and breakfast, more like a complex of several buildings that are converted into a hotel complex.
There is no pool, and no restaurant on site. They do have a bar.
However, they have an arrangment with a private club directly across the street where you can dine ELEGANTLY (coat and tie in main room, casual in grill room) for $25 a head (excluding drinks). You can also just have a drink on the porch there. Commanding views. This restaurant is in a 1850 house, and it is worth the stay here just to be able to go to this restaurant, which you would not be able to do otherwise since it is a private club. The rooms at the hotel were very nice. Small (ours was a suite, but it was essentially a hotel room divided in half) with a galley kitchen. COMP BREAKFAST is delivered to your door. Once you get there, park the car. You can walk to EVERYTHING in downtown Wilmington. I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington