I've been coming here for years because I LOVE this one room's ambiance, and the hotel's location. The staff is generally efficient and kind, tho one year, I saw apathy in one of the staff members.
I get the DRAM room. It has three floors. You open the door, and it's such a cool room. Wooden floors, brick wall. Little kitchenette with a dining area. You step down into a sucken livingroom with a loooooong fat couch that rests against a long brick wall. You go up a bunch of stairs to a tiny bedroom. Bed is comfortable, closet is sizable, and there's a small dresser and a sit-furnature piece with a mirror to put make-up on. Other than that, there's very little furniture.
The bathroom has a tub with a permanent stain around the drain, and a ity-bity tiny sink. There's room to put your stuff on a ledge they supply, and a fat window sill.
-- Such cool design, has character
-- Excellent location within walking distance to everything
-- Dog friendly (!!)
-- Pleasant staff, for the most part
-- They don't stock the kitchen. I was shocked to see that there were only two plates, about 5 mis-matched glasses, literally 3 knives, 3 forks, and 2 spoons. There are a few pots and pans. No pot holders, tho there's an oven. Most of the cupboards are bare. Maybe they have a problem with people stealing dishes and such. If that's the case, then maybe they should take inventory, and charge guests if they steal.
-- Don't walk barefoot on the wooden floors, or you'll get black feet.
-- While the bed sheets were clean and the towels were plush and fresh, the cleaning crew hadn't cleaned the floors or wall trimming in years. I worried a little about sitting on the couch.
-- College kids walk by until 2am and are LOUD. There's nothing the hotel can do about this. Wilmington is a thriving town, and this didn't really bother me, as I slept thru it. But if you want quiet at night, ahh... ya' ain't gonna' get it here.
All in all, I love this place, and will be back, dirty feet and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington