It was my friends birthday, she wanted to eat at a French restaurant on the waterfront so I picked the Wilmingtonian because of its location and style. As luck would have it we staying in #5, The Charleston Room which was perfect since Charleston is a favorite of ours. The room was clean, the furniture was tasteful, and our bed was very comfy and solid. My friend just loved everything about the room. There was a wedding reception across the street, but the young people having fun didn't disturb us. The walls do transmit sound more than newer buildings, but fixing that would destroy the architecture. As luck would have it the annual Riverfest Festival was going on, and we watched the fireworks show from the balcony while enjoying a glass of wine. The staff was top notch, allowing us to use their parking lot when we arrived early that morning, and arranged for us to check in early. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in historic, downtown Wilmington surrounded by beautifully restored 19th-century homes and tree-lined neighborhoods, the meticulously renovated Wilmingtonian Inn extends an invitation to unwind, relax, and absorb the romantic ambiance of Cape Fear Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Wilmingtonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmingtonian Hotel Wilmington