“rooms fine but...”
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The air fresheners used in the halls will choke you if you don't like scents. The front desk man says he hates them and has reactions too, as does the maid, so they keep using them why? I could taste them for ten minutes after leaving, even after they were removed. Also they don't mention the wedding reception hall next door which will keep the thumping music going late into the evening. Will not return and do not recommend for these reasons.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just returned from the weekend hospitality of Michael and Stemmerman's Inn. Most of the rooms are suites, with small kitchens, sitting areas, and loft queen bedrooms. We stayed in Suite 3 and found the accommodations comfortable, clean, well appointed and nicely decorated. The service of Michael and his staff were second to none. The location, just a block from Wilmington's famed Riverwalk, is ideal for enjoyment of all downtown Wilmington has to offer.

We had a most pleasant stay, and assuredly will return.

Room Tip: Some suites have kitchens complete with stove, others microwave and fridge only.
1  Thank OBX_Innkeeper
Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a wonderful place! First before I mention the aesthetic of the this wonderful inn, I would like to mention Michael the inn keeper. When my boyfriend and I arrived Michael had a huge smile and awesome conversation to greet us. He gave us the parking pass for my vehicle and was extremely helpful by providing us with the information pertinent to our stay. Once we arrived in our room, Suite 3, we were not in a standard B&B room, but a beautiful mini-apartment. It was exceptionally clean, with a mini-fridge equipped with bottles of water and muffins. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. Another added and impressive touch is that the inn has the skin care line Philosophy products in the bathroom. As a former cosmetic executive I was impressed with their selection! My boyfriend and I felt we had our privacy, and were not disturbed in this quaint inn. Last but not least, there is a deck at the back of the house where one can enjoy tunes from the next door event space, or the neighboring restaurant which occasionally has a live musician performing for it's guest. This is my first Trip Advisor review and it is truly well deserved. I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If you want an extraordinary dining experience to go with the awesomeness of Stemmerman's make a...
1  Thank Lynnette D
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I have been to Wilmington many times... but this recent stay was just perfect. Stemmerman's made the difference. We were within walking distance to everything downtown and this quaint little inn was like a home away from home. The inn keeper, Michael was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back! No complaints here.

1  Thank BMore24
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We took a shot on this place based on reviews and location. We were not disappointed! The location is perfect. Walking distance to everything in Wilmington that we wanted to be near. For the price, you cant beat it! The place is set up more like an apartment (suite 3), so we didn't feel like we were at a hotel. Everything was clean and as described on the website. My girlfriend walks with a cane and it was spelled out that there was no elevator, so we knew she'd have to tough it out. Which she did without issue. Michael, at the front desk, was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the area. He recommended three restaurants for us, based on what we were looking for and all three times he got it right! He is a very nice guy and does his job well! We look forward to staying again!
One thing...Michael, if your reading this, the place could have used a full length mirror. My girlfriend pointed that out. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy. just something for the ladies to check out their full outfit. Hope this helps!
Phil Thomas and Heather Stone

Room Tip: we stayed in suite 3 and it was more than enough space for 2 people.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phillip t
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and since this was our first time visiting Wilmington wanted to stay in town. The rooms all have lofts and are decorated nicely with exposed brick walls. It was a very cool spot, conveniently located and easy to walk to many restaurants and shops.
Michael was most helpful with all of our needs, a very gracious host! He offered to print us directions to get to the wedding and the beach so we knew where we were going! Great little get away with a lot of character. There also was a kitchenette with a small fridge that was stocked with muffins, water and juice, nice touch- and no extra charge like the hotels do.

Room Tip: We stayed in #7, no complaints, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent our 22nd anniversary here and it was perfect. Michael made everything wonderful including conspiring with me to surprise my wife by having flowers, wine, and chocolates already in the room when we checked in.
The room was clean, well stocked, comfortable, and beautiful. The view was great and the inn is right in the middle of the Riverfront and it's near everything. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013