“Lovely Historic Building & Great Value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely Historic Building & Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were very happy we booked with Stemmerman's!

The Inn has six suites in varying sizes with varying amenities. Some have full kitchens, some do not. But they are ALL very cool lofts in a very cool historic building. And they have an AWESOME innkeeper named Michael! He's the best!

Everything was clean and well kept. There is a lovely deck out back for smokers or for just sitting around chatting (like we did after our drive in). The view is pretty rad: a big riverboat and a battleship! Cool!

The Inn is steps from all sorts of dining and bars. Not blocks, STEPS. The location couldn't be better! We actually stayed on an extra night we liked it so much. We were in Room #3 w/ a king bed. There was a skylight over the bed, so sleeping in was not happening.

My only caution for people booking is to ask about events that may be going on next door at the venue. Since it's all in the same building, it gets loud. If you are bothered by loud parties, then you need to be extra careful when booking. Other than that, I highly recommend Stemmerman's Inn. The prices are really great for a lovely place to stay.

Highly recommend Stemmerman's!

Room Tip: Check out their website and get a look at the rooms. Also, just ask Michael to guide you. All rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank misangela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stemmerman's Inn was such a great place to stay in downtown Wilmington. The innkeeper was so nice and helpful (he even helped us take bags to our room)! Very beautiful and clean rooms with fantastic city/river views. The bed was also very comfortable. I can't wait to go back! I would definitely recommend Stemmerman's to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashton E
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would go out of my way to recommend Stemmerman's Inn to anyone thinking of visiting Wilmington. The staff is incredibly accommodating and genuine. My fiance and I felt like we were home. We stayed in suite #7 which has a river view and it's right by a quaint little back porch. Plus, it's within walking distance of a lot of fun places to go downtown. We are already planning a trip back to Wilmington & plan to stay at Stemmerman's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just got back from a trip to Wilmington and was so happy I decided to stay at Stemmerman's. I'm a wedding photographer and found this gem when shooting a bride who was also staying at the Inn a few months ago. I instantly fell in love and knew I would stay there every time I visit Wilmington.

The owner was so helpful in telling me which restaurants and shops I should hit up while I was in town. The location is within walking distance to everything you would want to check out in Wilmington.

The suites are absolutely gorgeous and are very reasonably priced as well. I would highly recommend Stemmermans to anyone visiting the area. I will stay there every time I come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joles82
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two teanagers for soccer tournament. Great location near river and restaurants. The staff was very nice. Fridge and microwave in room was convenient. I'll stay here the next time I'm in Wilmington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Blueloafer
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My sister and I take a semi-annual trip to Wilmington and usually stay on the beach. A few trips back, we found the Riverwalk and had a lovely time, so we decided to try the hotels nearby. After a few misses, we chose Stemmerman's Inn based on the modern vintage style and it's location. And boy, it did not disappoint! It was so refreshing to stay in a place that didn't scream old and stinky even though it is in a vintage building! The person overseeing the renovations sure knew what they were doing. The suite was clean, the people were as nice as old friends, and our experience was fabulous! We will definitely put it on our list to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RR N
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We came here for spring break with our son and mother. What a great visit. JJ let us in early and Michael quickly made us feel comfortable. The small touches made a big impression:, cute towel fold, paper towels by sink, dish soap and dish cloth was a great help. We really liked the "basket" idea for just getting items we needed instead of having full HK service and the HK staff were fantastic. I have never met HK staff that seemed to truly enjoy their jobs. Being offered an umbrella when it rained (and it did) was nice. This place is one of my favorites to stay and we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family