“Felt like we were home”
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
“Felt like we were home”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would go out of my way to recommend Stemmerman's Inn to anyone thinking of visiting Wilmington. The staff is incredibly accommodating and genuine. My fiance and I felt like we were home. We stayed in suite #7 which has a river view and it's right by a quaint little back porch. Plus, it's within walking distance of a lot of fun places to go downtown. We are already planning a trip back to Wilmington & plan to stay at Stemmerman's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just got back from a trip to Wilmington and was so happy I decided to stay at Stemmerman's. I'm a wedding photographer and found this gem when shooting a bride who was also staying at the Inn a few months ago. I instantly fell in love and knew I would stay there every time I visit Wilmington.

The owner was so helpful in telling me which restaurants and shops I should hit up while I was in town. The location is within walking distance to everything you would want to check out in Wilmington.

The suites are absolutely gorgeous and are very reasonably priced as well. I would highly recommend Stemmermans to anyone visiting the area. I will stay there every time I come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joles82
North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two teanagers for soccer tournament. Great location near river and restaurants. The staff was very nice. Fridge and microwave in room was convenient. I'll stay here the next time I'm in Wilmington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Blueloafer
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My sister and I take a semi-annual trip to Wilmington and usually stay on the beach. A few trips back, we found the Riverwalk and had a lovely time, so we decided to try the hotels nearby. After a few misses, we chose Stemmerman's Inn based on the modern vintage style and it's location. And boy, it did not disappoint! It was so refreshing to stay in a place that didn't scream old and stinky even though it is in a vintage building! The person overseeing the renovations sure knew what they were doing. The suite was clean, the people were as nice as old friends, and our experience was fabulous! We will definitely put it on our list to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RR N
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We came here for spring break with our son and mother. What a great visit. JJ let us in early and Michael quickly made us feel comfortable. The small touches made a big impression:, cute towel fold, paper towels by sink, dish soap and dish cloth was a great help. We really liked the "basket" idea for just getting items we needed instead of having full HK service and the HK staff were fantastic. I have never met HK staff that seemed to truly enjoy their jobs. Being offered an umbrella when it rained (and it did) was nice. This place is one of my favorites to stay and we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelrncdn
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked Stemmerman's Inn for all of our groomsmen and my self and new husband to stay on our wedding night! We had a great time. The rooms were all so cute and cozy - much more quaint than staying in a regular hotel. Mr. Michael was so nice and helpful in coordinating all of our guests stays. All of the groomsmen loved the Inn. Would definitely recommend it to other guests looking for a fun place to stay downtown Wilmington. You are right downtown and can easily walk to all the great sites. We had a blast!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela B
Charlotte
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really enjoyed staying a block from the river in downtown Wilmington. I had a conference at the convention center (0.8 mile walk), which is located at the other end of River walk. If you are going to the federal courthouse, the walk would be about half that. There are about 7 or 8 restaurants within 2-3 blocks which is really nice.
There is free off street parking for one car per unit about a half block away.
Weekend rates are a little pricey but the business rate during the week was better than the conference rate offered by the Hilton. Plus we got a much better rated property and personalized attention.
There is a long stairwell to get to all the rooms, plus a stairwell to get to the sleeping area inside each room. They are "modern" and have handrails but I recommend bringing a flashlight if you anticipate midnight food runs, bathroom breaks, etc. when going down the loft stairs!
The rooms are furnished with comfortable furniture, except for the little folding bistro table, which is useful for eating the morning's muffin but that's about it. (Free bottled water, OJ and muffin in your fridge daily -- how good is that?) Very comfortable beds.
As has been mentioned, there is no insulation between the walls (not that they have a choice with the design). This was not a problem at all during weekdays when other business travelers were staying but Saturday night there was a small party next door. Not a huge problem but I recommend checking with Michael if you book the weekends in case there is a wedding party or something concurrent with your stay. (or just take your ipod).
Internet service is good, and we used it often. Plenty of electric outlets and decent lighting. Kitchenette was very nice to have.
Michael has been the proprietor since around November. He is very personable and helped us with our luggage as we were trying to unload with the Azalea Festival going on. It seems he knows everybody downtown and is great for advice and assistance for whatever we needed.
It would be nice to have an in-room safe. Not that I had particular security concerns, but I can't seem to travel without a pile of electronics and I would feel better having a secure place for them.
Great stay overall -- If you choose this hotel, be sure to walk up Orange Street and enjoy the historic houses and gardens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business