“Cute and Cozy Inn!!!”
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
“Cute and Cozy Inn!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Amazing place! Very accommodating and great customer service! The rooms were very cute and cozy, location was perfect right downtown and were able to walk to everything! Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Bohlmans08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We recently stayed at Stemmerman's Inn (March 20, 2013) for a quick overnight trip to Wilmington, N.C., and were very pleased with our experience.

From the get go, Michael was accommodating, allowing us an early check in. When we met in person, he was friendly and offered many great suggestions on area restaurants and other fun things to do. We took him up on one of his suggestions - don't miss out on the dining experience at Aubriana's across the street. The food was terrific and the service a step above.

We were given room #3. The room was clean and we were pleased with the appearance of the space. The exposed brick and historic wood in the walls was aesthetically pleasing and the decor was inviting. The bathroom had great water pressure and nice linens / soaps and shampoo. The kitchen area was furnished with small plates, glasses and silverware. And it was a pleasant surprise to find Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, orange juice, and water in the fridge.

Overall, we had a terrific stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We peeked in all the rooms while the housecleaning service was preparing the rooms, and they all wer...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jnicolette
Macedon, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hospitality was great! The inn keeper made us feel very welcome, he was very friendly and helpful with information about the town. We showed up 3 hours early and were able to check in with no extra cost. The room was clean, the futon comfortable, shower was a decent size, and the kitchen was good size if staying for a long weekend. Great location too, it's quiet but just down the street from the main attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah C
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stemmerman's was very clean and very comfortable. Michael the inn keeper was super friendly and had lots of suggestions for things to see, places to eat, etc... The rooms was great with the kitchen and loft bedroom. The location is perfect surrounded by the river, restaurants, clubs, shops etc... The one complaint was that the skylight over our bed leaked quite a bit throughout our second night there. Sleep was hard to come by with the second night being uncomfortable from the wetness and sound of the dripping onto the mattress next to us. I was disappointed to learn that this is an on going problem that hasn't been properly addressed in our room (#3) and also apparently room #7. So maybe ask about that while making reservations! I really loved Stemmerman's aside from this but just don't think it's ok to knowingly charge your guests to sleep in a bed you know will get leaked on if it rains!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TM75_13
Stemmermans, General Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We also want to thank you for mentioning the leaking skylight. The skylight is not actually leaking. The dripping is from condensation forming on the skylight. We have had professionals reviewing this issue and are dilligently searching for a resolution to the problem. The condensation is normally not a problem unless there is a vast difference between the inside and outside temperature. Please contact the Innkeeper anytime you need attention to your room at Stemmermans. We strive to make all of our guest time spent at Stemmermans a delight.
Sylva
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Stemmerman's from December 27th until December 29th of 2012... my brother kept the room until December 30th. I was in town to play a benefit concert at The Soapbox Club on Front Street. Stemmerman's was not only very convenient for the club location, but was amazing on all points! It was safe, fun, unique, totally comfortable, and the inn-keeper was extremely kind and accomidating! And he gave you the personal touch. If I am in town again, I will definitely come back! On behalf of myself, my family, and the band ... a big Thumbs Up to Stemmerman's Inn!

Room Tip: We were in Room #2. Very nice color scheme ... way comfortable! I had a friend in Room #3 which al...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith D
goldsboro
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I had such a nice weekend getaway in Wilmington, NC. Our stay at Stemmerman's Inn was great. Mr. M. couldn't be more nice or accommodating and I definitely recommend that you stay here. It's in the heart of downtown and you can park your car and forget about as walking to everything is a must! Thanks Stemmerman's for helping us have a great weekend away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patti b
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My sister and I were making a quick trip to Wilmington to a concert at The Whiskey and we wanted to stay somewhere right downtown so that we could walk to the show and to dinner. I am so glad we picked Stemmerman's. Aesthetically it is stunning, the employees are very accommodating and friendly, the location is perfect, and it is very clean!!! My husband and I plan on staying here for our anniversary and I cannot wait!

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 2 which is perfect for friends or if you need 2 beds. My husband and I will stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family