“Too many stairs”
Review of Stemmerman's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Stemmerman's Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Very close to downtown---could hear the music from the clubs nearby--ok if you are young.
Too many stairs to climb--35 up 35 down--no elevator
Below our room #4 on Sat there was a reception and it vibrated the walls and floor--no sleep until they were gone.
Clean rooms, no view of the river
Wi-fi very slow.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed at the Stemmermans Inn for one night, as a getaway with my fiancé. The first impression was ok. We were met by a nice lady at the reception who led us up to our room. It looked nice and clean, except that the lights in the bedroom was not working. We got settled in and my fiancé went to the bathroom. After a while he came out and told me to come in there and look. After he'd flushed and washed his hands the water in the basin was yellow! It was probably (hopefully) the water from the tap, but sill - YELLOW! The plumbing was a huge problem. Every time we flushed it took up to 6(!!) hours for the water to go back to a normal level. At one point my fiancé had to cut the water to the toilet to stop it from running over. It was horrible!!

When we checked out we told the lady who was there about the plumbing issues, that it was not acceptable to charge that much money for a room like that. All she said was "It's an old building. What did you expect?! There are lots of similar places around Wilmington. Try a different one next time." What?!?! What kind of service is that??

Never again is all I have to say!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for a weekend girlie get-away. The staff was awesome, JJ meet us there for a late check-in and also helped us up to our room by carrying some of our bags. He also showed us around our room and pointed out several features as described in the room description. The Inn was in a perfect location and walking distance to everything to include restaurants and the Riverwalk. Both Mira and JJ suggested perfect places to eat that were also in walking distance of the Inn.
The room was very clean, cozy and homey. Besides having some noisey, inconsiderate neighbors, our stay was perfect. There is no question, if I'm ever in Wilmington again, i would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed here last weekend and had a great time. We arrived around 9:30pm and there were 2 people there to greet us. Super friendly; they gave us the grand tour and helped us with our bags, even though we arrived quite late. We never had a problem finding anyone to help us; plus there's a live-in housekeeper should you need anything during your stay. The staff was top-notch, and before I even realized I'd left a pair of shoes there, they had already called and offered to return them.
This inn has the best location in Wilmington - a block from the water, super close to the taxi, and tons of great restaurants and shops within walking distance. I don't know how all these other reviews had such a bad experience - we would (and plan to) definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We expected a cozy B&B. It was a bit run down though clean, and breakfast was a muffin and orange juice in the fridge. Convenient to the riverwalk.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My friend and I were new to NC and wanted to get away from the horror that is Jacksonville so we chose Wilmington. I found Stemmerman's online and it looked like a quaint place to stay. I booked right away as our trip was less than 3 days away. After I booked I read the reviews and was hesitant. But I am glad I didn't cancel because this is an awesome little hotel. All the rooms were booked but I didn't see another guest the entire time. We honestly felt like we were in our own NY studio loft. It was great; very private and squeaky clean with many charming elements. Give it a chance, and you'll love it! There are stairs in the rooms so if you have a crawler or climber, you might want to bypass this but my daughter is 8 months old and we did fine.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Saw the Inn on trip advisor and read the reviews and inspite of a few negative reviews decided to try it out, and I am VERY glad I did.
When we checked in there WAS someone there and there was someone there the entire time we were there, they even had a person living on site incase we needed anything. the location was PERFECT right where you wanted to be downtown.
the rooms were very modern and looked like something you would get at a high end hotel, more like a VERY nice timeshare than a hotel. yes you have to use stairs, but so what that made no difference to us. the rooms were clean and VERY well appointed, its obvious to me the other people who revied this place DIDNT stay here or they would have had diffrent reviews. for the price it was WELL worth it, I will stay here again when I return to wilmington.
I highly reccomend this place to anyone who wants a well appointed clean modern place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple