“Needs a good scrub, but it's very pet friendly”

Jameson Inn Wilmington
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Needs a good scrub, but it's very pet friendly”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I want to start this review by saying we lost power in the ice storm last week and were in desperate need of a hotel that accepted pets. The Jameson fit that bill. I think most people there were in the same predicament as you could hear dogs barking as you walked down the halls. We affectionately called the hotel "Noah's Ark." We were so happy for refuge that we initially overlooked a lot of things that later really started to stand out more. First, again, so happy we could even get a room but when we checked into our room there was an empty water bottle and an empty pack of peanuts on the desk area and left over food in the refrigerator. There was pee in the toilet though the shower looked like it had been clean and a sticker had been placed on the toilet paper. Later in the day I noticed the carpet in our room was in really bad condition. I assume they don't want to clean the carpet since it's pet friendly but you can no longer make out the pattern in the carpet in our room, it's that worn out. We had a lounge chair that had age stains where your head rests, it should just be removed from the room. I strongly feel like this place needs some sort of deep carpet cleaning. Though it looks pretty from the outside and saved us in our time of need I cannot recommend this hotel to friends, because it needs some serious deep cleaning, and new chairs. We found the staff to be overworked but friendly and very accommodating for our special needs (pets) and our situation (being locals who lost power). Please Jameson, steam clean your carpets. And thank you for saving us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank bluehydrangea0925

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room is great. Clean and nicely appointed. There is a desk, fridge and microwave. Vanity is outside the toilet/tub area which this lady appreciates.
Bed was comfy, breakfast in the AM was varied with cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs and the usual beverages,
However, there was no not water at night. There was some in them morning. But at night it was lukewarm and never got hot. We called the main desk and no one answered. We ended up taking cool showers.
Other than that, this is a good place to stay and a good value,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Riverliver
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wanted to be able to walk to several locations and the hotel is well suited for that. But. I was in a room with a huge carpet stain, ripped wall paper and missing tiles in the bathroom. There was also a huge nasty stain on the mattress corner . I didn't see any of this until I'd been in a room for several hours. I paid for two nights and left early, I actually drove to the Hampton inn at the next exit and had a great room for a similar price.
The management must address these issues.

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western Plus down the road or the Hampton Inn. Skip this place if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kwalla2
Bald Head Island, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Jameson could be a good inn, from the outside it is very attractive to the eye. It could be an inviting spot to want to come back to if it just had a friendlier front desk. It could be several things more than it is. When I checked in, the front desk clerk barely made eye contact and did nothing more than hand me a paper to sign acknowledging the rate (Per paid via Priceline) and hand me keys. I asked if that was it and he said yes and added tat the room was down the hall to the left. Nothing about the other amenities of the inn. Nothing about the Breakfast. No greeting or have a nice evening. Nothing! So much for the greeting. The rooms were small and needed a bit of updating, were reasonably clean and were quiet thankfully. While we found nothing horribly wrong we felt that the inn wanted to be better than it is but just couldn't.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Louisa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We didn't plan to stay here but refused to remain at our initial hotel due to the stench. We arrived early in case we needed plan c as we had our dogs as hotels that allows pets are rare. The rooms were clean, no odor, and I saw pet "oops" being cleaned right away by housekeeping. Area is quiet so we got a good nights sleep. Right behind a shopping center, so you can walk to shop and eat, but close enough to drive downtown. We will book there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dmccec83
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, I stay here every year we go on vacation to NC. It's always clean and the staff is great and I always get amazing rates booking online thru Priceline usually for 40-45 bucks per night which is a great deal considering how close you are to everything. From there location you are about 15 min from Wrightsville beach and 20 min from Carolina beach and Kure beach.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Blmor78
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My overall stay was good. The room could definately use some updating as the walls needed painting and the couch was quite dirty but the beds were clean as well as the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was a little skimpy but it served the purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family