“Quiet and available”

Jameson Inn Wilmington
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My overall stay was good. The room could definately use some updating as the walls needed painting and the couch was quite dirty but the beds were clean as well as the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was a little skimpy but it served the purpose.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Reasonably priced & great staff! Check in/check out was a breeze & it was a nice quiet nite in our room. We'd definitely stay again!! If you're looking for 5 star, keep looking, however, if you're looking a decent night away, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dtwfrog82
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Still a good quality for a fairly reasonable price, but the room I was in was a little dingy and dowdy. I do commend the desk staff -- I asked for a quiet room as I had to work while there and they gave me an end room away from the elevator and opposite side of hotel from the pool. It was quiet.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter as it faces away from the main parking lot and front desk, but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just spent a great weekend in Wilmington. The hotel was great - booked on priceline for a deal. Enjoyed the breakfast, the hotel was clean, the staff was nice, pool was refreshing. Will definitely stay here again

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked the Jameson Inn for a one-night stay on the way home from our vacation. The major issue with this hotel is cleanliness. The first thing I noticed was a slimy residue on the sink area and faucets. I cleaned this myself, but then later as I was preparing for bed I noticed a strong urine odor when I pulled back the bed sheets. Upon further inspection it became evident that the mattress and mattress cover were wet. Apparently the bed had been made up with clean sheets right on top of the urine! I called the front desk to request another room and was told that the only rooms available were smoking rooms. We had no choice at this point so I agreed. We had to go to front desk to pick up a new key and then move all our things with no offer to help from the hotel staff. We spent a miserable night in an odom-filled room. We could hardly breathe. We promptly checked out at 6:30 AM without so much as an apology from the desk clerk. I've had far better experiences at hotels for much less money. Needless to say, we will not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ocracokers
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have stayed at the Jameson several times over the course of the last year and half. Always clean, great staff, good breakfast and just overall a great place without killing your budget. This time was a little different..stayed with my family for Father's Day weekend and I have one suggestion. This is a pet friendly hotel which is great...I don't travel with mine but it's great that they allow pets as I know they are like family. But maybe set aside certain rooms for pets and some rooms without. I have allergies and they flared up the entire weekend. Kept getting a smell on occasion....not all the time from the air conditioner...smelled like a either a strong disinfectant or a urine. So just a suggestion that they do not put guests without pets in rooms where there have been pets. I will definitely stay again but will be mindful to check out the room first.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked an Express Deal thru Priceline. The Jameson Inn is the hotel I ended up with. After booking I immediately called the hotel to book double beds in a non smoking room. They would not, under any circumstances, guarantee this for me. I understand that it is Priceline's policy that this could be the case, but I have booked at least 10 other hotels thru their site and have NEVER had a problem with this. Due to the bad reviews I read, and their lack of customer service, I ended up not even using my reservation. Will not take any chances in the future like this and definitely would not willing choose to book at the Jameson Inn.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
1  Thank kristi1981
jam108, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Kristi_n_barg,

I understand your frustration through your comments regarding the Jameson Inn Wilmington. When booking the Express Deals through Priceline, it does state that the room will accommodate up to 2 people and that bed type & smoking preference cannot be guaranteed and that you can contact the hotel to place any requests. We do put in all requests and do our best to honor those; however, we simply cannot guarantee room types & smoking preferences unless reservations are booked directly with the hotel or through our website. We receive many requests through the Priceline bookings and have limited rooms available to be able to honor them all. I am sorry that you did not use your reservation. We did honor your request ; as we try to do whenever possible and feel sure you would have enjoyed your stay with us.

Stephanie