“Our dog was welcomed!!”

Jameson Inn Wilmington
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 30, 2008

That might not seem like much, but to us it was a big thing. Our dog which is a 60 lbs and a mixed boxer, was welcomed to this hotel, the hotel staff was very nice to her and would come out from the desk to pat & rub her. They were also very helpful when we needed to upgrade the hotel room from the premium room to the suite, when my dog got to wilmington. The smaller room was nice for just me but when my parents and our dog arrived we had to upgrade so that Bella could walk around the room. The breakfast was nice too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Bella & Her Family

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank janewishingforrain

Reviewed December 2, 2007

This hotel was one of the lower priced hotels in the Wilmington area. If you want a place to sleep for the night-it is clean, in a quite area, and the breakfast bar will get you through until lunch. Theres soap, shampoo, a facial cleansing cloth, and coffee-in the room-nothing fancy. If you are looking for a place to be pampered and someplace that serves real New York Bagels-then you should probably find another place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2007

The hotel was not what I had expected, based on other reviews. The staff was not friendly, in fact at check-in they could barely be bothered. Our room to our surprise, was a handicap room with a strangely configured bathroom and tub. The room was dingy, worn and could have used a good cleaning. The bathroom was not conducive at all for a family of 4 - try explaining to a 10 year old how to shower with a hand held shower! On top of it we were given only 2 dingy bath towels. The pillows on the bed were flat bricks and the sheets scratchy. Only 5 stations worked on the TV. And oh the free breakfast everyone has raved about, well my family wouldn't go near it - prepackaged muffins and bagels that looked to be several years old. On top of it, the air conditioning didn't work so the bugs and flies were buzzing - very appetizing. On a postive note, the bed was comfortable and the vending machines worked.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank g35girl
Reviewed September 17, 2006

Made on line reservation with a note that we were traveling with a 110 lb well behaved, trained Rottweiler. Asked them to please contact me ASAP if dog was not ok. I called 2 days later to confirm reservation to be told they only take dogs under 30 lbs. I find most of them mess on the floor and tear up stuff. (I owned a boarding kennel for 10 years). Anyway we are WELCOME at the Ramada Conference Center. I even wrote the company and I was told "Sorry for your frustration".
I told her my dog is better mannered than 90% of the kids that stay in the motel and at least 20% of the adults. He doesn't get drunk and trash the room or steal the towels.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank horseperson3333
A TripAdvisor Member
New Bern, NC
Reviewed April 6, 2006

This is the second time that I have stayed at this hotel. This may not be a five star hotel for ammenties, but it is a very clean hotel with nice friendly staff. The rooms are a nice size, they allow pets, have an outdoor pool, and a small exercise room. For breakfast, you can make your own waffles, which are really good. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel on both occassions and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2005

We stayed at The Jameson Inn last weekend. I made reservations in advance but all we could get was a smoking room since we had a pet. The room was decent but small compared to other motels I have stayed at on the same level. A lot of channels including HBO, a working desk area, complimentary breakfast (muffins, etc.) and free internet access is available. Overall, I was pleased. Just watch the taxes especially if you have a pet, they even charge taxes on the pet charge. Our motel bill was 162.20 but once they added taxes on for everything it was 183.30, so 21.10 in taxes which is close to 15%.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank greenidlady
A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed August 22, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for several days and were very pleased that it is 1) relatively inexpensive 2) clean and well-kept 3) only a 15 minute drive from Wrightsville Beach. The breakfast offerings are good and sufficient. There's also a computer in the lobby for on-line access. This hotel is in a commerical district but it's quiet because it's off of the main commercial strip. I'd definitely return if I were to vacation again in Wilmington.

• Stayed: August 2005