“Great Staff but Hotel Needs Updating!”

Jameson Inn Wilmington
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Great Staff but Hotel Needs Updating!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good location. Booked through Priceline so we got a good rate.
Breakfast bar was nice.
The rooms need updating... especially the carpet and upholstered recliner.
Unfortunately the first night we had a problem with the cleanliness of the sheets... we called the front desk to alert them of the problem and they brought up a fresh set of sheets within 5 minutes... wasn't happy that I had to make the bed up myself at 11:00 at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jam108, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Crowhill,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. First off, let me apologize for the mishap concerning your bed sheets. I am sorry if there was a cleanliness issue regarding your linen and have addressed this with my housekeeping staff. I am glad that my desk staff responded quickly with fresh linen; however, I am sorry that they did not change the bed for you and have addressed this as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location & breakfast bar.

We are going to be receiving new carpet and some furnishings during the coming months so that we may continue to upgrade our hotel for our valued guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed here through a hotwire deal. I was very pleased. The staff was friendly and location was convenient. The room was nothing out of the ordinary. But it was clean and a decent size. Also I liked that there was both a microwave and minfridge in the room. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too small. Breakfast was a bit basic, but there was everything you might need. Including fruit, pastries, and boiled eggs. Overall a very good experience, especially given the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DavidN345
jam108, General Manager at Jameson Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Davidn345

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. We are pleased you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and appreciated our friendly staff and location. We will take into advisement your comments regarding our breakfast & pillows and will take measures to improve in these areas. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Wendell, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel was very clean and had comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is right near Market street which made it convenient to just about everything. There is also a a target, Walmart, and several restaurants nearby.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tritons2012
Dear Tritons2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and the convenience of our location. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Refused to guarantee a bed request prior to arrival! I am a customer service manager for a living and find it appalling that once a person has paid for their room they cannot tell you until you arrive what size bed/beds you will get! This should be a "first come first served situation" and they do not book that way. Never again!

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Yanksgrl
Dear Yanksgrl

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you were not pleased with our policy regarding room type selections; however, we do guarantee bed types & smoking preferences when the reservations are made directly with the hotel or through the Jameson Inn website. When rooms are booked through third party web sites or promotional rate programs, we simply cannot guarantee the bed type or smoking preference of the room as these are assigned on the day of arrival based on what is available at the hotel. We do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future.

Lillington
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The woman at the front desk was fantastic. She checked us in quickly and even gave us a map to get to the Johnny Mercer Pier in Wrightsville Beach. The rooms were fantastic and extremely clean even for a smoking room which we requested and they gave to us with no problems. The lady working the third floor cleaning was absolutely a sweetheart. The hotel was easy to find, no issues at all. The location is fantastic in that this hotel is near EVERYTHING!!!! The Inn was quiet for the most part. The continental breakfast was to die for. It had anything you could think of. The waffles were really good. Will be back. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just spent three nights at the Jameson Inn in Wilmington and found it to be very nice. Night staff was exceptionally friendly, day staff OK. Rooms were clean, needs some updating but nice.
Didn't have any complaints and would stay again if I have a need to visit Wilmington and this review is not fake.
I do agree that I don't think it necessary for the cleaning crew to have their cell phones with them. A good value through priceline.
Breakfast was fine, something for everyone.

Room Tip: Just make sure you request a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed over the Easter weekend. Someone had been smoking in the first "non-smoking" room they gave me, but they quickly moved me into a truly smoke-free room with no muss or fuss. Rooms are small, but mine on the second floor was clean, in contrast to what other travellers have experienced.

What bothered me about my stay were the other guests. I have noted a rapid decline in civility and manners in other travellers. When my "neighbors" came back in at 1 a.m. from a night on the town, they yelled up and down the hall, and allowed their doors to slam shut repeatedly. Someone else beat me to the phone to call management, who came up and quieted the people down. They left the halls, but once in their room, continued their vulgur and obnoxious conversations in very loud voices.

I ended up checking out the next morining and returned home, not because of dis-satisfaction with the room, but because I did not care to be subjected to another sleepless night of repugnant behavior.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family