“Authentic Sushi & Japanese dishes”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Genki Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NOTE****If you are reading this description, please take note that we will only hold your reservation for 15 minutes. After that, you forfeit your reservation. Our apologies for this, we can not hold tables past 15 minutes as this does not help with our other wait times. Thank you for your participation and understanding in this. Genki Sushi is the ONLY Authentic Japanese sushi bar and Restaurant in Wilmington and surrounding areas. We only use fresh ingredients and we make every thing in house including our very own soy sauce blend. We are located in the heart of Wilmington. We strive hard to maintain the highest quality of food, ingredients and service. We are considered " A True taste of Japan". Come and see what real Japanese sushi taste like! We cant wait for you to have a new place to eat sushi at, and that is with us!
Reviewed September 24, 2013

During our short visit to Wilmington, we relied on other fellow Trip Advisor reviewers to guide us to an excellent meal. We decided to try Genki Sushi and was not disappointed. Normally, if we go to a sushi restaurant that is the only thing I'll consider. But our waitress recommended so many things off the sushi menu that I felt the need to try one of those. I got Katsu Don, with an order of spicy tuna roll and my husband got an assortment of sashimi. The dishes that the food was served in were so unique. My Katsu Don was stellar! Never had I tasted anything like that and I was quick to scarf it down. My husband really enjoyed his sashimi, said it was very fresh and the spicy tuna rocked too.

The restaurant is run by an older Japanese couple who seem to hold a lot of pride about their business. They welcome each customer and thank them at the end of the meal. Our waitress, who wasn't Japanese seemed to have a wealth of knowledge about the different menu items and the ingredients used in each dish. At the end of our meal, our waitress brought over a tray of homemade caramels - green tea, coffee, chocolate and almond. The green tea (as the oddball) was surprisingly good and the almond ones I could've eaten all day. The whole staff just gave off a homey vibe. You felt really welcome there. The next time we are in Wilmington, we will definitely be stopping here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Southeast Asia was my playground for many years and Japan was my base of operation. I truly enjoyed the Shokuhin (food) from the small shops and stands where the locals ate. Genki Sushi brings back memories of tastes and aromas that I have longed for since departing Japan. During my short stay in Willmington, I was able to visit twice and I was very satisfied on both occasions. I ordered the Katsu Don and the Yakisoba, along with Norimakizushi, all made to order with the freshest ingredients. Come hungry and "O shokuji o o tanoshimi kudasai" Enjoy your meal!!!

1  Thank Bluwaterdreamer
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The owners will treat you well and serve you sushi that is on perfect rice with the most amazing fresh ingredients. You cannot go wrong: even the vegetable fried rice is terrific! The maguro is always the best. Small and personal. Ask about the led holiday lights....

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a true authentic Japanese Restaurant The owners, from Japan, take great pride in their craft. In addition to the freshest fish..the tempura is exquisite. The Sea Urchin is so fresh it rivals the best Uni I have had over the years. Yellow tail is always fresh and has that wonderful buttery melt in your mouth consistency. They also make their own dessert caramels..and I recommend you try each flavor. This is not a trendy sushi joint. This is the real thing..the Art of Sushi in an understated but perfected form. They also serve many traditional Japanese appetizers/ dinners you will not taste in an "Asian" sushi bar. Best price I have paid for Sushi..hands down.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant is reminiscent of the little sushi restaurants in Tokyo. Excellent fresh sushi and sashimi. The Charishi sashimi if delicious and well presented. The katsudon is authentic down to the fried egg on top and the covered ceramic pot it is served in. Very reasonably priced as well. Family run with Papa-San as the sushi chef, ask for a sample of his home made cold sake. It is a very small restaurant and there is a wait sometimes but well worth it.