“Great place, very good food and service”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Genki Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 693 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NOTE****If you are reading this description, please take note that we will only hold your reservation for 15 minutes. After that, you forfeit your reservation. Our apologies for this, we can not hold tables past 15 minutes as this does not help with our other wait times. Thank you for your participation and understanding in this. Genki Sushi is the ONLY Authentic Japanese sushi bar and Restaurant in Wilmington and surrounding areas. We only use fresh ingredients and we make every thing in house including our very own soy sauce blend. We are located in the heart of Wilmington. We strive hard to maintain the highest quality of food, ingredients and service. We are considered " A True taste of Japan". Come and see what real Japanese sushi taste like! We cant wait for you to have a new place to eat sushi at, and that is with us!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had dinner here the other night. The food was very good and the price was very fair, a great value. The service was 10 out of 10. The sushi was extremely fresh, would recommend this to any one that loves sushi and wants to not spend the kids education fund in the process.

There are newer reviews for Genki Sushi

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It will come as a surprise to many that an excellent sushi establishment is located in a strip mall, across from a Target. Many may be surprised to hear that Genki Sushi is definitely a top-notch place to get sushi. My husband is originally from Seattle (with a very large Japanese population) and I have been to numerous parts of Asia, and we find Genki Sushi to be right up there with the best. While it may not be at the stratospheric level of Sukiyabashi Jiro, it is definitely a must place to have dinner while in Wilmington. For some reason, it is not known to everyone, including the hosts of our bed and breakfast. Hopefully, our review will entice many to go here.
When we entered the restaurant, we were warmly greeted by the staff. One immediately notices that Sushi Genki looks more like a traditional sushi establishment than an American restaurant – its decor is very simple. We were seated at a comfortable table. A waitress asked us what we wanted to drink, and we both opted for their green tea. Sushi Genki’s green tea is excellent. It is not bitter or very strong. It is a soothing high-quality drink to have after a 150 mile drive down I-40. The menu shows numerous appetizers, fixed-price entrees, along with sushi and sashimi as ala carte items. My husband started off with their Miso Soup (Soybean paste in a light broth mixed with tofu, seaweed and green onions). I opted for their vegetable spring rolls. The soup was perfect! My spring rolls were fresh and not full of grease (unlike many places).
It was difficult to choose what we wanted to eat as there are so many good choices! We finally chose the Philadelphia Roll (salmon, green onion, cucumber and cream cheese), Natto Roll (fermented soybean with green onion), Tuna Tempura (tempura fried tuna roll), and Rainbow Roll (tuna, salmon, yellowtail, avocado slices over California roll). Our waitress told us that it would be thirty minutes before our dinner would arrive, but we understood our meal would be freshly made. The dinner, in a beautiful presentation, arrived in just under thirty minutes. Everything was a delight to our taste buds. All of our very fresh fish had not been refrigerated for hours. It was so fresh and tender that it was almost like butter; it basically melted in our mouths.
You may want to sit at the counter and watch the master at work. There is only one man making all of the great sushi for his customers. After finishing our dinner, we watched him work magic with the fresh ingredients. It was fun to watch such a talented man prepare the food.
Before we left, we did the traditional Japanese bow and thanked our Japanese chef. We said our goodbyes, knowing full-well that we will be eating at Sushi Genki the very next time we are in Wilmington.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently went to Genki for dinner by myself when in Wilmington on business. I live in Washington DC where I thought that I was spoiled with my sushi options but Genki had a little something different/extra to offer. My expectation was that the quality would be good but everything was great. The waitress talked me into some rolls that were very traditional and that I had never had before. The sashimi was fresh and delicious.

During my meal I was given some saki that the chef had made himself along with some caramels that he had also made and flavored - my favorite was the coffee flavored caramel.

Great quality sushi prepared and served by people who actually care!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I moved to Wilmington 3 weeks ago and discovered Genki Sushi across the street from Target. So far I’ve been twice for their excellent spider roll. It is as good a spider roll as I’ve had anywhere and I’ve been to sushi bars in several cities. I do find their sushi selection somewhat limited compared to, say, the Washington, DC area, where there is a much broader selection of special roll combinations. However, what they have is good. The restaurant is owned by a Japanese family and the service by Steph is friendly and responsive, unless it’s very busy and then she gets backed up. I can’t wait to go back again soon for another spider roll.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went for lunch last minute. It was a great experience.The place quickly filled up on a wed. There was one waitress but she did a great job and we never felt like we had to wait too long for our service or food.I had the bento box with teriaki salmon, tuna sushi, tempera and them some other dumplings etc. the presentation was spectacular, all laid out on a big tray. It was tasty and delicious, i ate more than i had room for. It also came with rice and miso soup. My husband had the udon noodle bowl. I was jealous of his order too, it looked fantastic. He raved about his meal. At the end of the meal they offer you housemade caramels, diiferent flavours but we loved the coffee and almond. it was a great little place and i am sure we will visit many more times!