“Weekend Getaway”

Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came with my wife to visit our daughter, who is at school. The Hampton Inn was close to her apt. and the price was right. I signed up on my Iphone. Everything was simple. The room was very clean and quiet. I be sure to stay there the next time we visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is clean and quiet. Rooms are in good order but lobby and gym are currently being renovated. Website did a good job notifying patrons that construction is underway but it won't affect room appearance/cleanliness. Would stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jamesbknight
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests' patience while we are completing renovations and we hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Ericka Hall
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Medical Hampton
2320 S 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
910-796-8881
ericka.hall@hilton.com

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at this property. Normally when I work in Wilmington I stay at another place. I was not disappointed. Although they were remodeling the lobby, it was a great place to stay. The four circle rating instead of five is due to the remodel, I'm sure it will be five when finished. The check in was back in an office and you had to find it, although there were signs to help you. (Due to the remodel). The staff was wonderful and eager to help. If you haven't been in the area the hotel may be a little hard to find but it is worth the effort. I can't comment on the pool, breakfast, or the wireless connection,as I did not use them, but if it is like other Hamptons I'm sure they were just fine. There are plenty of places to eat within four or five miles. The beaches are also close by. I will stay here again, and would recommend to anyone going this way.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side, as I always try to get on the back at any hotel for less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We flew to North Carolina from the West Coast for our grandson's wedding and arrived late, actually early in the morning the next day, and upon checking into the Hampton Inn Wilimington Medical Park was greeted warmly by the desk clerk. The room she had for us was great, warm, and much appreciated. The breakfast was amazing and we have stayed in many Hamptons, our preferred hotel chain. We are here for a couple more days and looking forward to a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eagles1950
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for a few days. Front desk as awesome and the rooms were clean and good size. Good location for any Wilmington area. Breakfast was well done. Clean, well stocked. I would definitely stay here again.
A little hard to find if you're unfamiliar with the area but I think Wilmington needs to get some better street markers everywhere. Traffic during the week is awful.

Room Tip: No views here so every room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ncmoose99
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The front desk called and asked a guest that was due to arrive the next day to see if they would switch rooms with us. We needed extra space for an overnight stay due to some ill family members at the local hospital. The room was awesome and really helped us out in a very stressful time. Many thanks to the hotel and the nice person who switched rooms with us!

Room Tip: If you need something dont be afraid to ask for it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

While booking this hotel, I asked for a room that was free of harsh chemical cleaners and perfume, etc. I booked on line and even wrote my request. I told them that I have Asthma and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. The first room was musty. So, they took us to a second room. We had no idea until the heat/radiator came on later that, it was full of mold, dust, and dirt. I became so sick that I missed a full day (out of the three) visiting my elderly father. We ended up at a wonderful hotel. But, this one is not so wonderful.

Room Tip: Always check out the radiator unit (heat/AC) before signing for a room.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family