Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsregional medical centerfront deskcomplimentary breakfastgreat hotelwafflesroom was cleanbusiness tripbreakfast staffwould stay here againeasy accessclose to downtownbreakfast barstaff was friendlycarolina beachwilmington areaexcellent stayconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the courteous staff. The room was sufficient. This is a great deal, especially for Wilmington. I would recommend this small hotel to anyone who has business in Wilmington.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear SherTexas,
Thank you for choosing to have stayed with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we made doing business a little easier for you. We appreciate all of our business clients. We even have meeting facilities onsite if you ever need to take care of any business on property. We hope to see you next time you are in the Wilmington area.

2320 S 17th Street

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was in Wilmington for one evening and chose this Hampton Inn, in part due to the reviews on this website. The hotel is located directly across the street from a major hospital and medical complex just a few miles south of the city. Front desk service was prompt, friendly and attentive, checked to make sure that my room was suitable and gave the impression that they genuinely cared about their clientele. The room was spacious and in excellent condition - I did not notice anything that was not in order. The room came with a small fridge, lots of in-room coffee, towels were soft and virtually new - a pet peeve of mine is to find threadbare towels. There were many restaurants within a two-three mile radius of the hotel from fast food, to pizza sit downs to an upscale restaurant that I picked based on a front desk recommendation. "Henry's" is a really good bet for upscale food at a decent price. Breakfast was the usual of juices, coffees, self-heating breakfast sandwiches, pastries and fruit - complimentary and satisfactory.

This hotel is well maintained, moderately priced and seems to be well managed. I would gladly repeat my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear jdf3361,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We appreciate you staying with and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to have a well maintained property and our goal is to always strive to please our guests in every area. We are glad you found that to be true.

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just to let you know I don’t usually write reviews but felt it necessary in this case. I used my HH points to make a reservation for my sister who was having a serious medical procedure in Wilmington. On the day of check in, my sister called the hotel on their way to ensure they could check in early which was no problem. When my brother in law arrived to check in, they treated him as if they knew him. The staff was extremely accommodating. When they arrived back to the hotel after the procedure, the staff had left a note ensuring them that all the duvet covers had been freshly laundered. Knowing that was a big deal for my sister. I want to thank your staff for the way you treated my family during their stressful time. You made them feel like they were home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear jogriffin3,
We are sorry to hear that your sister and family had to stay with us under such circumstances. We understand that times like that are always difficult. I am glad that they all felt comfortable and enjoyed their stay at our property. We certainly hope we can host your family again but this time under better circumstances.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The customer service left a lot to be desired, often short and inhospitable. Breakfast was one of the worse I've seen at a Hampton Inn. The "hot" items come stored in a fridge in a paper bag which you must then microwave. Room was cleaned in a good manner.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Stephen N
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Stephen N,
I am sorry to hear that you felt our customer service and hospitality left some to be desired. It is certainly not our intent for our guests to feel unwelcome. We appreciate all of our guests and we hope to convey that to everyone who stays with us. I apologize that during your stay we fell short.

We are currently in the process of coordinating with Hilton Corporate and the Health Department on upgrading our breakfast. Due to Health Department regulations as of the moment we are only able to serve the prepacked breakfast. We are working hard to be able to upgrade to the full hot breakfast soon. We do still have lots of fresh items available and our breakfast hosts are always more than happy to try to accommodate any special requests.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us giving us another opportunity to shine with our hamptonality and hospitality next time you are in town. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to book your reservations.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend the night in Wilmington for some adult time! This hotel was very clean. The location is okay...but that is our fault - we were on a budget :) we should have stayed closer to the waterfront area, but this is what we could swing on a whim. Our room was huge and the bed was so comfortable! Service was great. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ttmama,
We are so glad you enjoyed your getaway. We hope you found the less than 5 mile drive to downtown and 10 mile drive to the beach convenient. We hope to be able to host you again next time you are in town. Be sure to keep up with us on facebook as well for winter weekend specials.

See you next time!