“What great People”

Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Newport, North Carolina, United States
“What great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I'm an event planner and recently had a group in town for graduation. Amanda, who is the sales manager worked with me from the very beginning. This was a last minute booking and she was able to get me all the rooms I needed. Even with all of my client's changes, Amanda worked with and made everything come together. Upon my arrival Ryan at the front desk assisted me in making some room assignment changes. He had great customer service. I watched him in action as my guest arrived and he was just so friendly. All of my guest enjoyed the stay there. Im so thankful for all the staff at the Hampton Inn. I will definately keep them on my preferred list of hotels to use in the Wilmington, NC area.

Room Tip: I didn't stay with the group, so I couldn't tell you which rooms were the best. The next tim...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnMedPark, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Only1TL,
I am glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. We were certainly happy to have you. We are always willing to assist with last minute changes and glad we were able to accommodate all of you.

We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Amanda Wiriya
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Medical Park
2320 S. 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
910-796-8881
amanda.wiriya@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

It's not often that you walk into a hotel that has been renovated and barely see any of the vestiges of the former property, but this is the case at the Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park. We were traveling for pleasure and loved our room. The entire hotel smelled clean! The bedding was bright white, the bathrooms were sparkling clean and even the lobby and other common areas are immensely clean. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous.

We didn't use the pool, fitness area or eat breakfast, but those are things that don't typically make or break my stay at a hotel. I look for the cleanliness in a hotel and the customer service from staff. In both of these areas this property exceeded our expectations. Even though we prefer to stay downtown (this hotel is about 3 miles from downtown), we will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Wilmington.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnMedPark, Manager at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you, Stephanie for noticing our passion for cleanliness! We actually just received our 7th consecutive "Outstanding" inspection from our Quality & Assurance inspector and have been awarded a 100% Sanitation Rating for all of 2011 and 2012. Although Downtown Wilmington is beautiful, we are so happy you stayed with us and enjoyed the property. We hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards,
Brittany
Events Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Wilmington Hampton Inn and it is the best! The staff is friendly - Ryan checked me in and I had a quiet 4th floor room. It was around 6:30 pm and there was a Managers Welcome going on in the Lobby. Brittany greeted me and offered me a drink (my choice of either an adult beverage OR chilled water) and an appetizer. It was perfect as I had been driving for a few hours. The room was clean and I love that Hampton Inns have fresh duvet covers every time a new guest arrives. There was a mini bar in my room and the bathroom had a large granite sink area. The beds were comfy with the choice of the soft of firm pillows. Breakfast is also especially good as they have a large selection of fruit, yogurt, egg sandwiches, cereals, toast, etc. There is a lovely purple orchid in the breakfast room and the hotel has nice boat sculptures in the elevator waiting area. I will stay at this Hampton Inn the next time I am in Wilmington on business.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor at the back side (even number rooms 418, 416, etc)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
The Social is my favorite night to work! I am the Events Manager and each Tuesday we provide snacks and appetizers to our overnight guests. It is my pleasure to connect with our frequent and new travelers and the social gives me a weekly opportunity to do just that. If there is anything else I can do to make your next visit even more exceptional, please do not hesitate to contact me. My name is Brittany and I am the events manager.
Cedar Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend get-away during the Azalea Festival. Over-all it was a very nice stay. It was a good location. Just a quick drive to downtown for the festival, but not in all the congestion. It was also a good location to drive down to the beaches.

Our room was nice. No real issues to speak of. We were a bit disappointed one day when we returned to our room around 2pm after a morning at the beach and our room wasn't cleaned yet. We got some clean towels from the maid and cleaned up for an evening at the festival. I assume they thought since we already had a couple clean towels that they didn't need to clean our room. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

The breakfast was good. I would rate it one of the best for this type of hotel.

The pool area was very clean. We laid in the hammock for a few minutes and really enjoyed how peaceful the property is.

The staff were all amazing. Very Kind! I think I know their secret...Most of the staff is a bit older than most hotels we have been to. They really seem to care about their job. We spoke with several while we were there and they are a real asset to this property!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. We encourage our staff to connect with all guests to make them feel more at home. I am glad you were able to enjoy our new hammock! We look forward to setting one up each spring and summer for our guests who would like a quiet place to relax. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

My father had a stroke and was in the hospital at New Hanover Regional Medical Center so I booked this hotel because it was the closest to the hospital. I was in such a hurry to get to my dad that I paid no attention to anything else so I was really surprised at how nice it was. You can see the hotel from the hospital. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and the rooms have a mini bar with a sink, fridge, and microwave which was wonderful since I was coming/going at odd hours. I was able to make my own food when everything else was closed. There was some road noise, ambulance sirens, and helicopters landing but I heard none of that because I was so tired - the lady down the hall complained about it. I would imagine if your room were on the side facing away from the hospital that it would not be noticable. The smoking area outside was nice and had a bench so you could sit down which I thought was very considerate of the smokers staying at the hotel. The bathroom was huge and the shower always had hot water which is not the case everywhere I have stayed. You could actually move in the shower without knocking yourself silly. If you have a family member in the hospital, you are given a discount on your stay which was also a surprise. I was not there much but it was nice and I will stay there again when visiting my father.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank plail30
HamptonInnMedPark, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear plail30,

Thank you so much for your kind words! As the front desk manager, it warms my heart to know we can provide an excellent experience during difficult times, such as your father's illness. We truly do strive to take care of each guest that stays with us, and to make life a bit easier when guests are visiting loved ones in the hospital. We are so glad that you enjoyed our in room amenities and that the room was quiet and peaceful.

If you come back to stay with us, please let me know! We hope next time it is for rest and relaxation instead of another hospital visit.

Kind regards,

Brittany B.
Front Desk Manager
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I'll be honest, I did not have a high bar going in, as it's another chain hotel near a hospital. The staff was great, and the room was wonderful. It was very clean, with great beds and a big TV. I even had vaulted ceilings. Definitely one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at for work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua C
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The staff was extremely courteous (Ryan at the front desk was exceptional!) True to advertising, rooms were clean and linens were fresh. It was a pleasure staying here and highly recommend. Breakfast was wonderful -- great selections, super clean, appetizing! Highly recommend if you are visiting New Hanover Medical Center -- super convenient!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo