“Surprisingly good”
Review of Tokyo 101

Tokyo 101
Ranked #155 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese and sushi.
Description: Japanese and sushi.
Vitoria, ES
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Everything that I tried was very good. Wonderful Salmon Nigiri, Sashimi and Philadelphia rolls. I also tried a little bit of my father's hibachi and it was yummy. The restaurant is very well located at the finest dine and shop place in Wilmington. Also the waiter that served us was the best that I had in the area so far.
I would definitely recommend this japanese restaurant to a friend.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fresh”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Ate there for lunch and was very pleased with the freshness of the food. Service was quick and friendly. portions were adequate (not huge) but plenty.

• Visited November 2013
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Excellent sushi, soup, and salad; less impressive Habachi”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had a wonderful family meal at Tokyo 101. On a less humid night, enjoy the outdoor seating. The service was prompt and attentive, The sushi rolls we ordered were wonderful and reasonably priced. The Hibachi wasn't quite as impressive, although still enjoyable. We will return, but probably with an emphasis on sushi only.

• Visited June 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great variety, sushi, fresh authentic Asian food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Always pleased when I visit Tokyo 101, whether it's with my family of 4 children of all ages, or on date night with my spouse alone. Menu has a wide variety, so if you want fresh rolled sushi, only, that's fine. If you want a superb bento box, it's there. Hibachi meal, you got it. Service is quick. Atmosphere is nice. Location is convenient. Much to be admired and always pleased as a repeat customer to this great restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
“Don't do it...”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time visiting Tokyo 101- I was pleasantly suprised by the setting when I walked in! I wanted sushi but was out running errands so I chose to put in an order to take out- the young woman at the front desk took my order and told me it would be about ten minutes. The plus is that she was extremely polite, and it did only take 10 minutes! I took my order home and that is when I was extremely disappointed. The sushi was WAY to large to eat in one bite. I was upset by this, but I love sushi so It wasn't a total turn off. But then I took my first bite-it is the only time in my life that I have thrown sushi away. I love sushi- and I have tried several different sushi establishments in Wilmington and Tokyo 101 was so disappointing. Don't waste the $20 on two sushi rolls-go to nikkis...always fabulous!

• Visited May 2014