“terrific sail”
Review of Sail Wilmington NC

Sail Wilmington NC
More attraction details
Owner description: Experienced captain Alan Held guides you on sailing tours, charters and lessons on the Cape Fear River. Starting from the Riverwalk in Downtown Wilmington, NC, You will explore the cultural and natural history of the area. A new perspective of the river, downtown and the New Hanover Memorial Bridge make the sunset tour a local favorite tour.
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrific sail”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

this was my fourth voyage with Capt. Al and Kaete. It just keeps getting better each trip; most recently with my son-in-law and his new wife. Now with my frequent sailor discount Its like having my own boat without the upkeep.Each time I learn something new while at the helm.

Visited August 2012
captalanheld, Owner at Sail Wilmington NC, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
It sure is nice to hear that you feel like it is your own boat. That is one of our goals to have new friends like you just come out for the joy of sailing. You have become a real 'Sailor' .
Capt Alan

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fine Time !!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Captain Al and Kaete really go out of their way to customize the experience to suit the participants. He kept the excitement level up as we skirted an impending thunderstorm and it was great fun. My 11 year old Drew got some time at the wheel and it fed his fantasy life about "Pirates of the Carribean". The theme music as we came back into port really capped off the experience. First Mate Kaete was delightful and served us up some wonderful snacks and refreshments. I can wholeheartedly recommend the experience for young and old !
Van, Saundra and Drew W.

Visited September 2012
captalanheld, Owner at Sail Wilmington NC, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hey Salty Dogs.

What an exciting crew you all were that evening! Your son was at the helm like a true sailor.
Dark clouds could not stop our fearless mates.

Capt. Al and Kaete my Mate
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Capt. Al and First Mate Kaete really made this an incredible experience...loved it!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but I'm hoping that this review will make others take the chance to go out sailing on the Jammin' with Captain Al and First Mate Kaete, - you won't regret it! After months of planning with Captain Al for the family to go sailing for my dad's birthday present, the weekend was finally here! And then a horrible storm came up...we aren't the luckiest when it comes to weather. Captain Al and Kaete immediately started looking at their calendars and trying to squeeze us in the next day, because we came from out of town - that's what I call "passion for people."

We went out the next morning, it was PERFECT! We actually brought our 10.5 month old on board and she had a great time; they even had a few drums/rattles on board to keep her entertained. We all took our hand at sailing and learned the history of Wilmington. I can't stress enough how pleasant this experience was, and I truly believe it was because of the people on board - Captain Al and First Mate Kaete were fantastic and we all enjoyed just getting to know them.

Definitely will go back to sail with Captain Al. I think my daddy is already looking forward to the next time...and maybe even take lessons from Captain Al!

Visited September 2012
captalanheld, Owner at Sail Wilmington NC, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Katie and Family,

It was our pleasure to spend time with all of you. It was very thoughtful of you to give your Dad a gift certificate. We were so happy and fortunate to have had such a pleasant morning.

May the wind always be at your back.
Capt Al and Kaete
Hubert, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I could honestly write a short story about how much fun this attraction was. My girlfriend, now fiance, and I had wonderful time with the fine Capt. Alan and his First Mate Kaete. The two lovely people were very helpful in assisting me with my proposal plan. They took us on a very educational sailing lesson and then helped me stage a romantic proposal on the bow of the ship. This was the best experience I have had in Wilmington, NC so far and I doubt anything will be beating it.

Visited August 2012
captalanheld, Owner at Sail Wilmington NC, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
It was a pleasure and honor to have shared that majic evening with you both. Your life will be filled with adventure and we wish you many more happy moments.

Thank you for your dedicated service to our country.
Truly, Capt. Alan and Kaete
Charlotte, North Carolina
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“New friends made during sailing trip!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We sailed with Alan and Kaete this morning and had a lovely morning with them. I feel like we made new friends. The weather was a wonderful temperature, perfect for a morning on the water. We learned a little history, told stores, listened to music, and took turns at the helm. It was like we had know them for years, they make you feel so comfortable. We are new to Wilmington, but will return and look forward to sailing again with our new friends.

Thank you for your kind words. My wife and I feel the same about you.
Please stop by and come aboard any time you are downtown. We would love to see you again.

Alan and Kaete