“Expensive but great”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Melting Pot is Wilmington’s premiere fondue restaurant. We offer both a romantic and family friendly atmosphere for your fine dining fondue experience. Our staff operates with one goal in mind - to provide you with the perfect night out.
“Expensive but great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an amazing experience, the service is great and the food is top notch. My boyfriend says they need more meat in the entree but with a four course meal we still left miserably full and satisfied!

• Visited April 2012
Jason S, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
dylhansmom,

Thank you so much for the review. I laughed out loud at your title, it reminded me of an old Robin Williams movie called Crazy People. He is an advertiser who gets landed in the looney bin and uses all of the patients to come up with creative ads. One of which was "Volvo, they're boxy but good". Back on topic though, we are glad you left stuffed and next time ask for me, I'll make sure your boyfriend has enough protein on his plate.
Thank you for supporting my locally owned and operated business.

Swansboro, North Carolina
“Understaffed so glad the food was good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been to many Melting Pots in various towns and were a little disappointed with this one. They were very understaffed so we had 3 different waiters/waitresses and each one of them seemed a little frazzled. The food was good but I was a little surprised at the portions. 7 pieces of veggies for the cheese was simply not enough. By the time we waited on more the cheese had started to burn. We might go back but I can promise you that I won't be as patient as I tried to be this time because everyone was so apologetic. As always the chocolate was the highlight but it didn't overcome the poor service.

• Visited March 2013
Jason S, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
lovetotravelmor,

I apologize for your experience not being up to par. As you know from your previous melting pot visits, that is just not our standard. I hate to say it but every now and then certain circumstances arise and we do end up with too little help. We are sorry that our guests are the ones to suffer and I assure you that I do everything that I can to avoid these types of situations. With that said, there is no excuse and I do hope that you try us again.Thank you for supporting my locally owned and operated business.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melting Taste Buds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I know that fondue can taste good.....But this particular chain restaurant has jumped the shark. Gobs of cheese and barely edible spiced oil to cook your food in. Only go if you want a stomach ache.

Visited December 2012
Jagtime,

Thank you for taking time to review all of the local businesses that you try. We all appreciate the feed back whether good or bad, it's how we stay sharp and continue to improve. As a locally owned and operated franchise competing with mom and pop and giant corporate chains I place a high value on guest remarks and am sure to address everyone one in store with my kitchen and service team. We however do not carry a spiced oil, just a canola oil. Did you happen to order our French Quarter Entree which is described as being "seasoned with cajun spices"? I encourage you to give us another shot and I personally guarantee, you will not be disappointed. When you come in ask for me directly, I work full time in the store 5-6 days per week.

nc coast
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went here with some friends last week for dinner. My wife and I had been here before. The food is very good and the choices are excellant. The service was truly great. It takes a while to eat but we hadn't seen these friends for a long time so it didn't bother us at all, just gave us more time to catch up. The prices are a little high but it is worth it once in a while! Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
NcHarleyman,

Thanks for the review, we still have the same great atmosphere and experience. Good news is that prices have come down since your 2012 visit. We revamped the entire menu last year. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you for supporting this locally owned and operated Melting Pot franchise.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“A Great Special Occassion Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wonderful service & food. A manager came by twice during our meal to be sure everything was going well. I really appreciated the over & above service!! This our go to date night spot!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank FoodLover0820
Foodlover,

I'm sure you have been back since this review, just wanted to say that I appreciate your business. Thank you for supporting this locally owned and operated Melting Pot franchise.