“Incredible Ice cream” 5 of 5 bubbles

Description: Located in The Forum shopping center
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Incredible Ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We always stop at Boombalatti's when we are in town. They have excellent ice cream and we have always found the staff to be friendly.

• Visited June 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stopped in after dining at Las Olas next door (also FANTASTIC).
They have a great selection of flavors, served gelato style. The ice cream is so beautiful, it is hard to choose what flavor to try!
We decided to share the 4 mini scoop sampler for 2 of us. We both ordered the chocolate pie and a mocha flavor. They were both very good. The ice cream is so creamy and rich. The 2 mini scoops for each of us was just enough to satisfy our sweet tooth. And it only cost us about $3.50!
We were worried we'd encounter bad service, as warned in other posts, but both young men working were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We actually enjoyed talking to them as they made our ice cream and cleaned up around the shop.
Do keep in mind to take cash, unless you are spending over $7!
Can't wait to make it back down to Wilmington to have some more!

“Horrible customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I used to like this place, as their ice cream is tasty. However, the last two times I went I had a horrible experience. On my visit today I asked for a sample. The young girl working very rudely told me they do not give samples. She then snapped at me, asking for my order. When she gave me the ice cream she practically threw it at me then stormed off without a word. I left in a bad mood thanks to her. I couldn't even enjoy the ice cream.
On a positive note, the young guy working was friendly and the ice cream was pretty good.

3 Thank Beachrose1
WesBechtel, Owner at Boombalatti’s Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this review, November 20, 2016
Hello! I'm Wes and my wife and I purchased Boombalatti's Ice Cream from the owner you mention in your review last June and we set about to make lots of changes! We now happily offer samples, we no longer have any credit card minimum, we've hired plenty of happy employees and we've fully renovated the space.

You left a one-star review a couple of years ago that was very much deserved, but I'd love to get you back into the shop to see what you think of our changes. My wife and I have put a lot of time and effort into the shop to bring back its soul. We want Boombalatti's to be a fun and happy place to stop for some ice cream. If you can make it back into the shop, feel free to email me at wes@boombalattis.com if you have any feedback. We'd also love to see an updated review with your thoughts on our changes. Thanks!
Wes
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great after-dinner ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This privately-owned ice cream parlor has many flavor options that are changed frequently. They do shakes, splits, etc. as well. A great place to stop by for a quick treat!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington
“Worst Customer Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Worst Customer Service Ever! A group of 4 of us went to this establishment for some ice cream after having dinner next door. After discovering that they would not give samples of the ice cream we decided we would get the 4 small scoop sampler together so we all could try different ice creams to then place an order for our sundaes. So each of us chose a flavor to be one of the four. One of the members of our group did not realize that the child with us had a peanut allergy and ordered a flavor containing peanuts. We asked the OWNER (not a teenage minimum wage worker) if we could put that one scoop in a separate small plastic container since if the child came into contact with any peanut type material he could experience an anaphylactic reaction, which could affect his ability to breathe. The OWNER would not let us do this and when we tried to explain the severity of the allergy, the owner became argumentative, to the point that we just decided to leave. This was unfortunate because then you had the guest who ordered the peanut butter flavor without knowing of the allergy feeling bad for having ordered it, and the child feeling bad for having the dumb luck of being born with an allergy. It is for the Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced that I give this restaurant the worst rating possible. It is for the same reason that I will never return to, bring my guests to, or recommend this establishment ever again. I have read other reviews on multiple sites about the terrible attitude/rudeness of the owner or bad customer service. I do not care how good the product is or isn't, I absolutely will not support a business with such a mean owner.

5 Thank GoldenRuleA
Hello! I'm Wes and my wife and I purchased Boombalatti's Ice Cream from the owner you mention in your review in June of 2015 and we set about to make lots of changes! We now happily offer samples, we no longer have any credit card minimum, we've hired plenty of happy employees and we've fully renovated the space.

Wes