“Fantastic Chicken Pastry”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great diner with great food. Service is friendly and prompt. Popular with the locals. We noticed a lot of regulars - always a good sign. Our food was delicious and the portions were large, enough for a to-go box for lunch tomorrow. Chicken pastry is served on Thursdays and Sundays. Some of the best I've ever had! Rivals my grandmother's chicken stew! I looked around to see what everyone else was eating. Breakfast food looked awesome. Hamburgers and banana pudding were tempting. Homemade soups were also a popular choice. Prices are affordable. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stopped in here for breakfast on Friday (1/17) before a round of golf at The Muni. I decided to drive in the back way(i.e. through CVS pharmacy) instead of trying to cross 2 lanes on College Avenue. It worked like a charm.

I was served immediately and ordered a standard breakfast. Everything was good and hot, the toast was actually buttered unlike some other restaurants. Coffee refills were frequent, if though I did not need it.

My surprise was when I left and the owner, behind the counter, engaged me in a friendly conversation. This was refreshing and unexpected, it made my dining experience more memorable.

I am more likely to return because of this service treatment.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Jimbo's is very popular and with good reason. Simple but well prepared diner food with some occasional greek items such as spanikopita--I think the owner is Greek. Breakfast is always good, service what you would expect from a diner, which is a good, homey kind of thing as long as you don't mind being called "Hon" all the time and I don't!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

As I entered the hostess told me to " sit anywhere I want ". There were many tables available so I chose a corner booth with a window. A waitress brought me some water as I pondered the menu. After a few minutes, an elderly man with broken English, whom I guess is the owner, began ranting while he was still 20 feet away about how I can't sit there since I'm alone and I must move. I told him the hostess told me to sit anywhere. He said he didn't care and pointed to a small booth across the restaurant. The other patrons just stared, as if I had upset " the " soup nazi. I just got up and left, and will never return. Here's a free management lesson " jimbo ". If this happens in the future, discuss the issue with your staff so they don't offer corner seats to individuals dining alone rather than trying to embarrass a customer. Your customers aren't your employees. Believe it or not, we pay YOUR bills pal. A little courtesy goes along way. No southern hospitality here, dine elsewhere.

1  Thank 61travelguy
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Food is slightly better than average, more so if you try the family Greek dishes. The real treat is the friendly, quick, and professional staff. Owner's are onsite every day