“Wonderful Meal”

Nicola's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: I grew up back and forth between Sicily and NY. I have great memories of Sicily. Especially my family and the great food. The food is made using fresh ingredients and with each bite you can taste the love that went into preparing it. That is what I want for patrons of Nicola's to experience. Each bite of each dish....fresh and delicious. Just the way true Italian cuisine should be. The pasta is made fresh in house daily. The bread is made fresh in house daily. And everything else, including the salad dressings are made fresh in house.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went there for Valentine's dinner. Had bottle of wine, appetizer, entrees & dessert & the cost was around $50.00. Everything we had was fantastic. Service was great, also.

• Visited February 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Above Average Wine List”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have been to Nicola several times and have had very good meals. Last visit I had the Flounder pan fried fresh catch of the day and my husband had chicken medallions over angel hair pasta. The pasta is the star here, as it is homemade, and good, but my husband's was served less than hot, which I like my food to be.The wine list is really above average for a restaurant like this. We had a Chianti reserve that was outstanding, in fact we and another couple polished off two bottles. The dessert 'Bianco y Nero' is a great finish; cream puffs dipped in chocolate mousse.We also had the cannolis; a bit too sweet for my taste but that's subjective. Definitely give this place a try. Its worth it and reasonably priced. Don't be put off by the strip 'mall-ish' location

• Visited February 2013
Wilmington, NC
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Tucked away on a busy street heading to the beach is a great Italian restaurant. It took a while to order because there are so many great menu choices. The service was quick and polite and the staff was very friendly. We have eaten at this restaurant in the past but had the impression it was expensive. However most of the menu items were in the same ballpark as most other Italian chains. The good news is this food is fresh with the pasta being made at the restaurant. Get the mozzarella cheese sticks. I say again...get the mozzarella cheese sticks. Or get two orders!

Four of us ordered veal piccata, butternut squash raviolis, cheese raviolis, and manicotti. Everyone loved their dishes and had to taste the others. The service was excellent and food was hot and well presented. Didn't have room for desert but I'll bet they are just as good.

We will not wait as long to return. 5 stars!

• Visited December 2012
North Carolina
“Expected more!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We decided to eat here for night two of our anniversary weekend. My husband and I both love Italian so we heard this was a great spot. Overall it was GREAT service, GOOD food, and NICE ambiance. I would highly recommend the poached pear salad as a starter. My husband had the lasagna (his favorite) and he said it was excellent. I had the Lemon Chicken Piccata, it was tasty but was lacking in lemon flavor and my pasta was over cooked. The flavor was good but the pasta made me go from GREAT to good. For this to be an authentic Italian restaurant that prides itself on making all of their pasta fresh in the kitchen every day I expected more. Would I go back maybe....but I would try something different.

• Visited September 2012
Baldwinsville, New York
“Excellent Italian food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant has delicious food. I had the spaghetti and meatballs with the spicy marinara and my wife had gluten free penne pomodoro with sausage. It was nice to see a restaurant with quality options for the health conscience. We are from New York and we would definitely say this is the best Italian food we've had outside of the state.The only negative we have is that the waitress could have been a little more friendly and personable.

• Visited September 2012