“Great time!”

Wilmington Water Tours
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wilmington Water Tours is a 46' catamaran which accommodates up to 49 passengers. We offer daily cruises as well as private charters. Our daily cruises include but not limited to: Eco/History tours, Sunset Cruises with Live Music, Birding tours, Holiday Tours and all on the Cape Fear River and its nearby waterways. Our full schedule is listed on our website, call us or book online!
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent a great evening taking one of their full-moon cruises. A local entertainer was aboard with his guitar doing a great job setting the mood. The captain and crew were great and there was plenty of food and drink and we experienced both the Wilmington skyline and some great natural beauty along the Cape Fear river. We enjoyed it so much we came back the next day for one of their 2-hour river adventures. The Captain did a great job giving you the history of that area and we really enjoyed the beauty and nature along the river. I highly recommend!

All reviews
"nice tour"
"date night"
"informative tour"
in 9 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"civil war"
in 11 reviews
"two hours"

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I took my wife and 4 children on this tour 8-3-12. The boat was very nice, the river trip itself was enjoyable and relaxing and the small amount of historical information given by the guide was very interesting. He was very knowledgeable. Unfortunately the majority of the tour was devoted to the guide giving his extreme environmentalist and political views. I felt like my family was a captive audience tied to a couch and forced to listen to extreme left wing liberal views. All people have the right to voice their views and I respect the views of others. However I don't want to pay someone to hold me captive on a boat while they try to brainwash my children. The tour guide spent much time demonizing every industry within miles of the river and the current N.C. governor (who is a liberal democrat) for granting permits to businesses that locate themselves around the river. He also demonized early American settlers that explored the river for defrauding every non-white group of people on the continent. He also blamed people and industry for every poor animal being disturbed in the last 200 years. Maybe we should all ride horses, live in tents and eat grass. You can find other tour companies on the river that are cheaper and won't overload you with politics.

9  Thank Reggie H
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We included the Black Water Adventure Tour as part of a visit to Wilmington with our 13 and 10 year old grandchildren. All four of us fully enjoyed a totally unplugged 2 hour trip. The captain gave an interesting lecture on the history of the river and the role it played in the development of Wilmington and North Carolina. We were also amazed that there were no mosquitos and it was cooler on the river than in the city. A great balance to some more busy active components of this vacation. Oh, and the smoothies are excellent!

2  Thank Mary B
marlgarl1986, Owner at Wilmington Water Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. It always great to here feedback that the children enjoyed our trip just as much as you did. As you know, I get great satisfaction in letting them know that it is "thier river." When they get it, they have made my day ....thanks again Captain Doug

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The captain was very informative and entertaining . My whole family enjoyed the trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Family took a tour of the Cape fear River (Black Water Adventure Tour). Photo worthy sights so bring your camera. Captain gives interesting information & interacts with his guests. Full bar on board & snacks for the little one's; cash or credit. Spacious bathroom too, how do they do that?!

For me this tour was relaxing, educational, interesting & at the end I felt the responsibility to help protect this beautiful river, animals & the land surrounding this area. After all, It's My River!!!!

Captain Doug is very knowledgeable, friendly and active in his community. This isn't just a quick boat ride, it is an Adventure. Staff in the shop along the river are also friendly & helpful. Highly recommend this tour for all ages.

Fee per person: We paid $27 each, well worth it for a 2 hour trip.