“so/so”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“so/so”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Love the atmosphere, great outdoor seating - food is typically cold and so so. Servers are typically friendly - but service is always VERY slow. I believe it is partly due to the kitchen.

Visited August 2013

Wilmington
“Off My List”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I returned with an out of town visitor hoping to experience the same wonderful food and experience during several visits in 2012. To my dismay and embarrassment, the meal was simply awful. My sister ordered a Fish Taco, and I was shocked the chef would present the plate served to her. I ordered a Taco Salad, a meal I had previously enjoyed, and it too was terrible. We shared Red Sangria and we were pretty sure there was no wine in the pitcher. Our server was wonderful, the weather perfect and the experience was one I would never repeat. DO NOT VISIT MIXTO!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ChathamandFlash
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good beer and Margaritas.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I sat outside and the seating on water street was nice. We shared the triple dipper which had queso, guacamole and a very good corn salsa served with chips. We also had a beer and a prickly pear margarita. The service was slow and we had to go ask another waiter for more chips. Yes we will go again.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I found corkys brother”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

He is a server at this nasty place, wow. What a blooming idiot. He forgot everything. Waited 35 minutes for drinks and chips. Kept blaming kitchen. I guess the kitchen gets his water. The food was awful, cold ,greasy mess.I have been in this business for years!!!!! Trust me stay away,,, I really thought I was on candid camera

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank greenmonsta70
San Diego, California
“Reasonably priced food, good drinks menu”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to Mixto for lunch. The restaurant is right on the Wilmington Riverwalk and has outdoor seating which is nice when the weather cooperates. They do allow dogs in the sidewalk seating area.

The menu is Mexican-based but with an original twist. For example, I had a tofu taco that was one of the most delicious ways I have seen tofu prepares, It looked like it was coated with an Asian barbecue sauce and roasted over a hot fire..The result was a slightly charred, sweet and sour tofu which fit perfectly with the taco concept. I also had a shrimp taco that was equally well done but probably more similar to the usual fish taco.

There is a variety of margaritas on the menu offered with standard and premium tequilas. Service was friendly, prompt and attentive.

• Visited August 2013