“A Sunny Sunday Afternoon Stop”
Review of Coastal Cupcakes - CLOSED

Coastal Cupcakes
Description: The best cupcakes I have ever had
Description: The best cupcakes I have ever had
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There were approximately 10-12 flavours including a vegan choice.
Only a park bench outside the place to sit.
We got a half dozen cupcakes for 14$
A couple of the varieties were a bit dry and the tops were a bit hard at this 3pm stop.
The visit was good, but not a must stop for during our next trip to Wilmington Downtown

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Coastal Cupcakes was featured on a tourist map of Wilmington, so we thought that was a good sign. When we walked in, it was so bare that I could hardly believe my eyes. They had so few cupcakes on display, such a small variety and so few decorations, it was as if they weren't ready for walk-in customers to be there. There was nowhere to sit, even though there was room for a few benches or small café tables. Luckily it had stopped raining so we were able to go outside to sit on a bench on the street to eat. The attendants were friendly enough but the cupcakes were overbaked and crumbly. The icing was very good, but for the price of a premium cupcake I really want the whole thing to be good.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I love cupcakes, so every city we visit, we scope out the local cupcakery. The cake had a very nice flavor and airy consistency. They had a nice frosting to cake ratio. The team cheese frosting was okay, but nothing spectacular. I'd try another bakery.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped in for our first visit & my daughter loved the cupcakes we got! That day they were also selling cake pops! The girl working that day was not very helpful & acted annoyed when I asked questions! Prices are not displayed & so we had to ask & the variety of flavors was limited! I thought there would be more of a selection! I bought half a dozen cupcakes & in my opinion they were over-priced! The cupcakes are better when you eat them right away not hours later (we were traveling & wanted some treats with us) Very small store but clean! No place to sit except a bench outside the store! They also sold t~shirts,stickers & other little items! The shirts were exspensive & so were the little stickers! Don't think we will be back to Costal Cupcakes as the cupcakes were just average & the girl working was not very friendly or helpful! I was hoping to get a great treat before leaving the beach but that was not the case!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thought we'd stop by and try them but first visit we weren't sure if they were even open, no cars in lot. Went in and we must have disturbed the girl that was running the place because she had an attitude the entire time. We would ask questions and she seemed much more interested in the messages she was getting on her phone than taking care of us. She won't have to worry about that in the future because we will not be back. Go to Surf Berry down the street heading towards Wrightsville. Very moist and people were friendly.