“Not bad, but not great”

Description: The best cupcakes I have ever had
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not bad, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I love cupcakes, so every city we visit, we scope out the local cupcakery. The cake had a very nice flavor and airy consistency. They had a nice frosting to cake ratio. The team cheese frosting was okay, but nothing spectacular. I'd try another bakery.

• Visited June 2013

“Ok Cupcakes At The Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stopped in for our first visit & my daughter loved the cupcakes we got! That day they were also selling cake pops! The girl working that day was not very helpful & acted annoyed when I asked questions! Prices are not displayed & so we had to ask & the variety of flavors was limited! I thought there would be more of a selection! I bought half a dozen cupcakes & in my opinion they were over-priced! The cupcakes are better when you eat them right away not hours later (we were traveling & wanted some treats with us) Very small store but clean! No place to sit except a bench outside the store! They also sold t~shirts,stickers & other little items! The shirts were exspensive & so were the little stickers! Don't think we will be back to Costal Cupcakes as the cupcakes were just average & the girl working was not very friendly or helpful! I was hoping to get a great treat before leaving the beach but that was not the case!

• Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“If you like dry cupcakes then this place is for you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Thought we'd stop by and try them but first visit we weren't sure if they were even open, no cars in lot. Went in and we must have disturbed the girl that was running the place because she had an attitude the entire time. We would ask questions and she seemed much more interested in the messages she was getting on her phone than taking care of us. She won't have to worry about that in the future because we will not be back. Go to Surf Berry down the street heading towards Wrightsville. Very moist and people were friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Okay cupcakes - no place to sit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stopped by fo an afternoon snack, but found that the place doesn't have seating, so we took our cupcakes to go. The red velvet was good - the cupcake itself was a bit dry, but the cream cheese frosting was excellent and the two paired up well.

Visited March 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Delicious but not the best bang for buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely LOVED my red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, and I have had LOTS of red velvet cupcakes. My husband also loved the Peanut butter chocolate cupcake. The Angel cupcake we split. It was okay, but nowhere near as good as our others. It's also a little overpriced, especially since the cupcakes aren't that big(sugar shack in Lansing, MI is a good example to compare it too for great LARGE cupcakes for a good price) but it's definitely a nice little treat as you are walking through the town. I will be back for more red velvet when I return!

• Visited March 2013