“Don't Try to Surf After Eating Here”

Sweet n Savory Cafe
Ranked #3 of 30 Dessert in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sweet n Savory Cafe is located just minutes from Wrightsville Beach. If you are vacationing with your family, yourself, or just here for work, then come have a visit and see why Wilmington gives us its best marks for breakfast, sandwiches, baked goods, catering, and kids menus. For the great breakfast, lunch, or dinner in Wilmington, we are the place to be.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a mistake: I ate here BEFORE surfing WB. Idiot! Surf, then eat here. Because the food is that darn good & because the portions are massive. I had the KISS croissant: eggs, cheese, bacon. Also ordered the corned beef hash side. The side was a meal unto its beastly self. Superb taste to the corned beef, different than what you may ordinarily expect from CBH. The croissant sandwich was also very tasty. I then went nuts, and ordered & ate a brownie. It was delicious, and was the size of a miniature cake.

Needless to say it was a waddle not a walk when I departed this restaurant. I wanted to sleep it off. But, surf beckoned. Nothing says "you overdid it, you foolish glutton" like laying on a longboard, paddling for waves & trying to keep a ginormous meal digesting.

Service was perfunctory, professional, quick; not glacial in attitude, but the potential was there. Anyways you go there for the tasty food & the portions.

AFTER surfing.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wow, can not say enough about this place. Breakfast is excellent, too many option bit all great. Tried soft tortilla and American standard 4 egg omelett.

Robert S, Guest Relations Manager at Sweet n Savory Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. We hope you keep coming back and if we do something wrong let us know so we can get it right.....

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have ordered two of the best cakes from this restaurant! The first was a chocolate mousse in January, and the second, in February, was a "you have your peanut butter in my chocolate." They were the most delicious store or bakery bought cakes I've ever had! The staff has been quite friendly, with the exception of the girl who checked me out last time, but she could have just been having a bad day.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This has been one of my favorite places for several years to go to every couple of months. Last night we noticed that the menu had changed, but they had what we went for. Shrimp and Grits and the Pot Roast. So the bread given as a hold over was horrible and stale. They use to give a wonderful spicy Focaccia. Our dinners were good. They could have made my mashed potatoes a little thicker and given me a slightly bigger scope. My pot roast was meaty and savory! So yummy! My boyfriend said the Shrimp and Grits were just as fabulous as always. Dessert was amazing! Toffee cheesecake is a favorite! I got a muffin to-go for my breakfast. We will go back, but I sure hope that this place doesn't go down hill!! We loved all the options, but we always wondered how they made any money. Just do what you do and do it well even if you have to change the menu to be smaller (ie. my mashed potatoes and give me some Focaccia!!!!)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I used to love going to this place weekly for the veggie burgers, but now that they have changed them to a black eyed pea mush, my friends and I will not be returning. It is in no way a "burger" that you can bite in to, it is more like a mush of distasteful beans slopped on a bun. Not the first time this place has changed its menu for the worse. Until they fix the recipe or return to their old ways, we will not be returning :(