“Best Bang for the Buck”

Sweet n Savory Cafe
Ranked #3 of 28 Dessert in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sweet n Savory Cafe is located just minutes from Wrightsville Beach. If you are vacationing with your family, yourself, or just here for work, then come have a visit and see why Wilmington gives us its best marks for breakfast, sandwiches, baked goods, catering, and kids menus. For the great breakfast, lunch, or dinner in Wilmington, we are the place to be.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
“Best Bang for the Buck”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good home cooking! Variety of soups. Specials every day,something for everyone.
Now a new menu, excellant value.
not a fancy place

• Visited January 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“I don't Know Who Thinks This Place is Good!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been here twice, and the best I can say is
"ordinary". The "piglet" which is ham and cheese on a roll was soggy and cold. The home made chips were OK....

The ranch dressing was OK, but again nothing special. With so many other excellent reasonably priced dining choices in Wilmington, Sweet & Savory is really a low priority. Noisy, crowded, earnest but slow service...

• Visited January 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've been to S & S during my past few trips to the Wilmington area. I have found both their service and food to be good. They have a good variety of foods on the menu from soups, salads and burgers to more sophisticated offerings such as Duck Pot Pie and NY Strip Lump Crab Oscar. Everyone should be able to find something good to eat between the menu and the daily specials.

Just a note: Parking can be a challenge as the lot is very small. Look along the street or across the street for additional spots.

Surf City
“Go To Place for Lunch”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

When ever I want to get lunch in Wilmington S&S is always my 1st choice. Their menu is huge and they have daily soup, sandwich and quiche specials. They are always willing to make changes to items on their menu (like one of my favorites is the Dad's Reuben; but, with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut. Delicious!!). A while back they changed their menu and took off pretty much everything that I ordered when I went there; but, the old menu is back, so I for one am a Happy Camper!!! They have the BEST chicken salad, either in a sandwich or plate. We have only had dinner there once and I found it very noisy, especially with the music. Their breads are all homemade and I always leave with a loaf of cinnamon raisin for my husband. It is as my husband says "There is no bad food at S&S, it is just you might not like something on their menu."

1 Thank SurfCityBeachGal
NC
“One of the best Wilmington restaurants”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family and dined at Sweet and Savory on Christmas Day, but we have been there many times in the past. They offer a good varietal menu, and everything they serve is prepared fresh, which makes a huge difference. I have found that even traditional items like sweet potato soufflé or green bean casserole have a "kicked up" flavor. I had a hash brown casserole yesterday that was simply the best I have had. My only complaint was on Christmas Day there was not a seat to be found unless you had made reservations, and a long line out the door. Service did suffer somewhat just due to the numbers of diners. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our meal immensely.
They also have a bakery on premises with some really delicious offerings, plus a full bar. Whenever you're in Wilmington, North Carolina, Sweet and Savory is a restaurant you don't want to ignore.

1 Thank Bill F