“Best place to stay in Wilmington” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best place to stay in Wilmington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

My stay at Homewood Suites was the best hotel experience I have ever had. Their staff was extremely helpful and courteous and made sure all our needs were met. The rooms are a great size and extremely clean. The pool and patio area provides a nice alternative to going down to the beach. Homewood Suites is definitely the only place I will stay when I visit Wilmington.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
long island New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

This hotel is new and clean. The homewood signature is all there.
Cant say enough of the staff. Rooms very clean and comfortable mattress.
I do have to say, they think of EVERYTHING when it comes to food and room amenities. If you cant find something just take another look and it will be there. Good location. Easy drive to anywhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

This year we chose Homewood Suites for our beach vacation and we couldn't be more satisfied. The location is awesome, close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. We all slept well, the mattresses are comfortable and the rooms are quiet (our family has light sleepers so this was important). Complimentary breakfasts and dinners were delicious. What really sets this hotel apart from others is the staff. Their graciousness gives this hotel the feeling of a five star hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Just a quick note to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I've shared your comments with our team and everyone is both proud and thankful that your stay was so outstanding. In particular, the word you used to describe our staff..."graciousness"...really hit home for us. Service is our passion and it's something we're all genuinely committed to provide. Thank you for your business and please come back soon.
Jason Smith, General Manager
Wake Forest, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

GREAT hotel. Clean, roomy enough and the hotel
Staff is SUPER friendly and efficient. Every
Single one of them. Housekeeping, front desk,
Breakfast staff ...
Can't wait to go back again!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SoCal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Well many has said before the location is great, food, shopping, grocery, movie theater and pretty close to the beach.

I really like Hilton's Homewood Suites series and although this one is a nice one I have stayed at better ones. Everything is clean and in my experience the staff was far better than exceptional.

In general, not specefic to this hotel but my only complaint would be is that Hilton portrays the Homewood Suites as "a home away from home" and really getting the rooms together in doing so but the grounds kind of take it away from that. They should make the grounds much homelier instead of parking lots, pavement, and cement entrances.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

Clean, large suite, comfortable room. Air conditioner under windows is loud. Kitchenett is ample and a nice addition. has Residence Inn beat in comfort

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

There are many things to like about this hotel. The price is reasonable. The location is excellent with access to many stores, restaurants and a movie theater. Our room was very clean when we arrived. The beds are comfortable. The Wi Fi internet connection was free and reliable. My family certainly appreciated the complementary breakfasts and dinners (served Mon-Thurs), which were better than I expected.

My primary complaints are the horrible stench lingering around the pool area throughout our stay, and the apathy of hotel staff with whom we had interactions.

In regard to the stench, I was repeatedly told by staff that the grease traps outside the food prep area were overdue to be cleaned. Everyone we spoke to seemed very aware of the problem, but no one seemed to care. I will admit that the smell did not bother everyone, as many people were swimming throughout the week, however, my family found it to be really over powering, and I actually gagged every time I went pool side.

In general, our interactions with the staff were not impressive. The particular individuals we encountered seemed really disinterested. When I called to ask for clean towels, the receptionist behaved as if this was the most exhausting inconvenience she had ever faced. And, as I said, no one seemed to care that their failure to have the grease traps cleaned in a timely fashion made it impossible for me to use the pool. (I know delays happen, but I sure would have appreciated the slightest sign of concern, or interest, or anything.)

In general, I would recommend, but I can't give the place a flawless review.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
First, I want to thank you for your feedback, without it we cannot strive to improve ourselves. I want to personally apologize that your stay was anything less than 100% satisfying. In particular, our team prides itself on delivering genuine, attentive, caring service...it is our passion. Though this has been the case in each of the previous traveler reviews to date, it was clearly not your experience so please know I find that completely unacceptable.
In hindsight, the grease trap issue proved to be beyond our immediate control but it was certainly our responsibility. I want to ensure you the matter has been addressed and resolved by the appropriate local authority and I'm confident it cannot happen again.
I was pleased to read that your stay overall was enjoyable and that you would indeed be willing to recommend our hotel in the future. However, our goal is to exceed expectations and as this was not the case I would like to invite you back to stay with us as my guest so that we might truly earn your loyalty in the future. Expect to hear from me today and again please accept an apology on behalf of our entire team.
Jason Smith