“Would Recommend to Everyone!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Columbus, Ohio
“Would Recommend to Everyone!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This year we chose Homewood Suites for our beach vacation and we couldn't be more satisfied. The location is awesome, close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. We all slept well, the mattresses are comfortable and the rooms are quiet (our family has light sleepers so this was important). Complimentary breakfasts and dinners were delicious. What really sets this hotel apart from others is the staff. Their graciousness gives this hotel the feeling of a five star hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Just a quick note to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I've shared your comments with our team and everyone is both proud and thankful that your stay was so outstanding. In particular, the word you used to describe our staff..."graciousness"...really hit home for us. Service is our passion and it's something we're all genuinely committed to provide. Thank you for your business and please come back soon.
Jason Smith, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Wake Forest, NC
Reviewed August 5, 2010

GREAT hotel. Clean, roomy enough and the hotel
Staff is SUPER friendly and efficient. Every
Single one of them. Housekeeping, front desk,
Breakfast staff ...
Can't wait to go back again!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SoCal
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Well many has said before the location is great, food, shopping, grocery, movie theater and pretty close to the beach.

I really like Hilton's Homewood Suites series and although this one is a nice one I have stayed at better ones. Everything is clean and in my experience the staff was far better than exceptional.

In general, not specefic to this hotel but my only complaint would be is that Hilton portrays the Homewood Suites as "a home away from home" and really getting the rooms together in doing so but the grounds kind of take it away from that. They should make the grounds much homelier instead of parking lots, pavement, and cement entrances.

• Stayed August 2010
virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Clean, large suite, comfortable room. Air conditioner under windows is loud. Kitchenett is ample and a nice addition. has Residence Inn beat in comfort

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Gainesville
Reviewed July 22, 2010

There are many things to like about this hotel. The price is reasonable. The location is excellent with access to many stores, restaurants and a movie theater. Our room was very clean when we arrived. The beds are comfortable. The Wi Fi internet connection was free and reliable. My family certainly appreciated the complementary breakfasts and dinners (served Mon-Thurs), which were better than I expected.

My primary complaints are the horrible stench lingering around the pool area throughout our stay, and the apathy of hotel staff with whom we had interactions.

In regard to the stench, I was repeatedly told by staff that the grease traps outside the food prep area were overdue to be cleaned. Everyone we spoke to seemed very aware of the problem, but no one seemed to care. I will admit that the smell did not bother everyone, as many people were swimming throughout the week, however, my family found it to be really over powering, and I actually gagged every time I went pool side.

In general, our interactions with the staff were not impressive. The particular individuals we encountered seemed really disinterested. When I called to ask for clean towels, the receptionist behaved as if this was the most exhausting inconvenience she had ever faced. And, as I said, no one seemed to care that their failure to have the grease traps cleaned in a timely fashion made it impossible for me to use the pool. (I know delays happen, but I sure would have appreciated the slightest sign of concern, or interest, or anything.)

In general, I would recommend, but I can't give the place a flawless review.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
First, I want to thank you for your feedback, without it we cannot strive to improve ourselves. I want to personally apologize that your stay was anything less than 100% satisfying. In particular, our team prides itself on delivering genuine, attentive, caring service...it is our passion. Though this has been the case in each of the previous traveler reviews to date, it was clearly not your experience so please know I find that completely unacceptable.
In hindsight, the grease trap issue proved to be beyond our immediate control but it was certainly our responsibility. I want to ensure you the matter has been addressed and resolved by the appropriate local authority and I'm confident it cannot happen again.
I was pleased to read that your stay overall was enjoyable and that you would indeed be willing to recommend our hotel in the future. However, our goal is to exceed expectations and as this was not the case I would like to invite you back to stay with us as my guest so that we might truly earn your loyalty in the future. Expect to hear from me today and again please accept an apology on behalf of our entire team.
Jason Smith
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We contacted the hotel via phone to get directions on our way into town. The lady was very nice and helpful. Upon checking in late on Friday, the staff at the front desk were very nice. They suggested a local restaurant that was open late (The Fox and The Hound). Upon our return and arrival to our room we found a nice two room suite. The first room had a kitchenette, table and 2 chairs, sleeper sofa, chair, stool, coffee table and flat screen television. Our second room had two queen beds and a vanity area and bathroom. The tub/shower floor looked relatively clean but like it needed to be scrubbed better. The floor in the bathroom/vanity area was sticky and had black sticky (tape?) on it. Also, the toilet had dark stains in the drain of the bowl. By this time it was late and we had already unpacked so I contacted the front desk. Only one person was on duty so I went and got towels to place on the floor and decided to stay.

The next day the head of housekeeping and a staff member came and showed me another room that we could change to. It was very far and looked pretty much the same. We opted to stay in our room and the ladies scrubbed the floors and the toilet. Evidently, the hotel has only been open 9 weeks and stickers may not have been removed from the tile well. Also, the staining was from some kind of water build up as it was also in the other room. I also noticed a piece of popcorn in the corner of the bathroom floor and other indications that all areas are not being vacuumed/mopped. While this hotel is new and relatively clean, my concern is that it will not stay this way long without some cleaning changes.

All staff from the front desk, to the lady who handles breakfast and housekeeping were wonderful to deal with.

Pros: Location near shopping, restaurants (Fox and Hound, Brixx Pizza highly recommended) and between beaches and historic Wilmington. Great staff. Good breakfast. Nice pool, though not very large.

Cons: No room service or help to take luggage to room. Air units worked very well but are under the windows and are loud. Loud neighbors to the other side of the living room area.

I would consider staying here again but would first check out some other hotels.

• Stayed July 2010
Dear Ms. GermFreak,
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay...your feedback is very important to the success of our business.
I was thrilled to hear that every hotel team member you encountered was friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to deal with...service is our passion...just as it should be.
Your expectations for product quality are appropriately high and I too have very high expectations for myself, my team, and our hotel. I want you to know I have communicated your comments to my team and we will carefully review our procedures with particular emphasis on some of the areas you've highlighted. Our goal for every guest is a perfect stay and unless that occurs we cannot be perfectly content ourselves.
Again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Jason Smith
Stuart, Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Oh, my goodness! What a totally fabulous place to stay! The accommodations were plush, the swimming pool just heavenly, and the breakfast and dinner buffets positively scrumptious Yes, you read that right. They feed you two ample and delicious meals a day, and serve complimentary wine and beer with dinner. It just doesn't get any better than this! There's no real need to venture off the premises but you'll certainly want to as you are right in the midst of some of the best shopping imaginable with several beaches and other attractions nearby. You'll especially want to meet the friendly and helpful staff who will absolutely go out of their way to cater to your every need. I can hardly wait to go back again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family