“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington NC, United States
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very nice and centrally located. Considering the included meals and drinks, it is an outstanding value. The staff was very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. I was impressed by the cleanliness and quality of the outside of the building as well as the inside. Wilmington is a great city to visit and has one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the region.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Richard S
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thanks for choosing the award-winning Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the area. Great feedback and thank you for recognizing the all-inclusive value you receiving when choosing Homewood. I was thrilled to read you were ‘impressed by the cleanliness’ of our property and the ‘professionalism’ of our team. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed five nights and found the rooms clean comfortable, quiet. Breakfast service was good with variety of foods to satisfy the Vegan and the Omnivore. Staff was pleasant and cheerful at all times of day. We will return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Mayfaire on your recent visit to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. We appreciate your business, in addition to your 5-STAR review. Your kind words regarding our skilled suite-keepers and our willing-to-assist team, were shared among our morning huddle. I was thrilled to read our breakfast variety was satisfying to both appetites. Your loyalty to our property is a sheer token our of success. Thank you & safe travels
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A quality hotel with a great location next to the Mayfaire shopping complex. Friendly staff, bright well maintained hotel complex at an excellent value. We've stayed at several hotels in the Willmington area and prefer the Homewood Suites above all the others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

As a team, we value your business and greatly appreciate your kind remarks. I was thrilled to read you felt our town center location, well maintained complex and service – oriented team to exceed your expectations regarding value. Your loyalty and personal recommendation equate to a ‘job-well-done!’ In sharing your review at our morning huddle, the team expressed their sincere appreciation. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Stockbridge, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Homewood Suites has the best roll-in showers of any place I have stayed. It is by far the best place for a wheelchair bound person. I have had many Hotels tell me they are handicap accessible only to find their definition of handicap accessible to be installing a few grab bars in the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites Mayfaire on your recent trip to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am thrilled you took the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. Accessibility is important when traveling. I was pleased to read your expectations were exceeded regarding our suite set up and roll in bathrooms. As a result, we hope your travels bring you back to the Port City numerous times throughout the year.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We chose to stay here based on the reviews. I think our stay may have been a bit unusual because we only stayed one night on Christmas. We were checked in quickly and professionally. Before going to our room, I stopped to make a cup of tea in the lobby. The water was not hot and the tea was undrinkable. Our room was spotless, beautiful and spacious. Aside from the king bed, there was a fully equipped kitchen and a comfortable sitting area. There was a glass left in the dishwasher with a note that said, "clean", but I wouldn't use it. There was no heat in the bathroom so when the door was shut for privacy, the room got chilly. I don't think there are ever exhaust fans in Hilton Hotels and this was no exception. There is usually an evening meal but it was canceled due to Christmas. The free breakfast was very good with a huge variety of foods, all well prepared. The location is walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and a movie theater. It's a short drive to the beach. I probably would not stay here again due to the price. I think it would be a better value if the evening meal had been provided and if the weather was such that we could have used the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: We asked for and received the perfect room on a high floor, away from elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and choosing the Homewood Suites on your recent trip to the area. I was thrilled to read you felt our suite set up to be beautiful, spacious and spotless. In addition, your positive comments regarding our well prepared and huge variety, all inclusive hot breakfast buffet were greatly appreciated. My apologies your expectations weren’t exceeded as this is our mission with every guest, every stay, every day. Your constructive criticism is appreciated and will be used as a training tool. We hope you give us the opportunity to earn your business in the future. Happy New Years from the Homewood Suites
Raleigh
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We originally booked to stay at another nearby hotel, but then saw a review of this hotel and changed. I am so glad we did.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, pointing out nearby attractions and things to do. The room was absolutely spotless, quiet, included a lot of amenities like a full-size refrigerator, cooktop, pots and pans, toaster, etc. All were clean. The breakfast was good, and they serve a dinner on Monday through Thursdays. This is truly a customer-oriented hotel.

Within walking distance is an outstanding mall with 18 screen theater, numerous restaurants, and other retailers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M S
Thanks for choosing the awarding-winning Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the area. I was thrilled to read your first line and confident in my team the rest of your review would be outstanding – as it was. You certainly are correct, as a travelers top needs are: Clean, quiet, service-oriented and location-location-location. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your business and we look forward to your return. Happy New Years!
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I almost always enjoy a Homewood Suites stay, but this one exceeded my expectations. Staff were friendly and helpful, the suite was spacious and clean, my kitchen was functional and had sufficient equipment to prepare simple meals, and the location was excellent. I could walk to shopping and restaurants, and the beach was a short drive away. Since I was staying during Christmas week, when the hotel was well below capacity, I also had an excellent rate. Breakfast was more than adequate; I did not avail myself of the evening meals. My only minor complaint is that the temperature of the hot water was too hot--I could easily adjust it but would have been concerned if I'd had children with me.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites as your Christmas destination. We truly appreciate your business and feedback you have shared with the Trip Advisor Community. As a loyal guest of the Homewood Suites, I was thrilled to read we exceeded your expectations with our ‘friendly’ team, ‘spacious/clean’ suite and our ‘excellent’ location. Thank you for your comment regarding the water temperature as I have already made our maintenance department aware. From our Homewood family to yours, we wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year.