“Great location! Great hotel!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
RDU
“Great location! Great hotel!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice hotel that looks brand new. Very clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff. Kitchen set up in one bedroom suite was terrific. Breakfast was your typical free breakfast--nothing special, but good. Breakfast attendant was very nice and kept the area neat. Great location for easy walk to shopping and restaurants. Easy bike ride to beach or short drive. Nice pool with putting green area. Pool would have been better if heated, though, as even on an 80 degree day, the water was freezing! We usually stay on the beach at Wrightsville, but this is a way nicer hotel than you can find on the beach and better value. Free wifi an added bonus. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Layout of hotel is a little confusing until you get used to it. Would request room near exit if pos...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites Mayfaire on your recent trip to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. We appreciate your compliments regarding our in-suite kitchen set up, friendly team and ‘like brand new’ conditions. Your remarks about typically staying at the beach have become the norm this summer. Many fellow reviewers have mentioned in similarity how the value, cost savings and proximity make us the best choice in comparison to the beach properties. We look forward to your return and thanks again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and clean. My suite was fantastic and the hotel is in a perfect location, within walking distance of Mayfaire Towne Center (great restaurants, shopping and movies). Wrightsville Beach in only 3 miles away or if you prefer the pool, it is very nicely kept and private. The breakfast in the morning is terrific! I was able to have a healthy and delicious breakfast each day. I lived in Wilmington for 3 years and still own a home there (it's only about 1 mile from the hotel but it's rented out, thus my need for a hotel) and I would recommend this hotel 100%! I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your business, in addition to your time and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites. A common amenity found in many hotels is breakfast. However the true value is in the variety. Thank you for highlighting that our daily hot breakfast buffet was TERRIFIC, as well as offered healthy and delicious choices. I appreciate your kind words regarding our perfect location, friendly team and our private & well kept courtyard/pool area. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
Green Bay, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Clean, spacious room. Everything worked the way it should. Excellent value. How can you beat two complementary meals per day? Plenty of adjacent parking. Secure. Great fitness and business centers. Friendly, helpful, courteous staff. Would definitely pick this hotel again for our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton on your recent trip with the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. I love how you asked the question back to the Trip Advisor community – it’s one we often ask ourselves . . . ‘How do you beat two complimentary meals a day?’ Thank you for highlighting the value you receive when you choose Homewood. In addition, thank you for your kind words regarding our team, spacious suites and fitness center. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Olathe, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for our Daughter's wedding. The accomodations were excellent and the staff were all extremely nice and helpful. I definitely would recommend this hotel. We are planning out next visit to Wilmington and we are planning to stay at this property once again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are honored to have been a part of your exciting family weekend. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and provide feedback from your recent stay. I was thrilled to read you felt our accommodations to be ‘excellent’ and our team to be ‘helpful.’ We appreciate your recommendation and your loyalty. From team Homewood . . . . Congratulations to all!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will admit that we only selected this location because: A) It was close to the beach b) we could afford it c)a room was available. I had no prior experience with Homewood. In the end I could not have selected a better place to stay with my family. Our initial reaction to the location (Mayfaire) was extremely positive. But the biggest impact came at checkin. We knew checkin was not until 4pm, but we arrive at the hotel at noon, simply to confirm our reservations (which I had made at 10pm the night before). When I asked Robbie (the desk attendant, who was as nice a guy as I have ever met) to confirm our stay and told him my name, he looked surprised and stated that I was in fact their "Guest Of The Day" and proceeded to place the printed piece in the display on the counter. He then proceeded to allow us to check in to a room that was ready. Robbie set the tone for our stay. I know this is isnt going to happen to everyone, but I felt it was worth mentioning. In addition to Robbie, every single employee smiled and spoke to us in genuine tones. Our room was pin-clean and very nice. (My family agreed that the only reason we may stay elsewhere upon our next trip would be an ocean-front room, of equal quality and similar rate, is available. We figure that unlikely) As director of guest services for my company, I cannot overstate the quality of our experience. They are to be commended.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I truly appreciate how you shared with the Trip Advisor community, your process in selecting the Homewood Suites. Your lack of unfamiliarity with the Homewood brand is not uncommon as well as your reaction throughout your stay regarding your expectations being exceeded. I have shared your experience with the entire team and commended them on a job well done! Consistency is key and I feel that is evident in your review. On behalf of the entire team – THANK YOU for choosing Homewood Suites! Safe travels and we look forward to your return.
United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our second extended stay at the Wilmington Homewood Suites. We took advantage of the Breakfasts and they were much better than other motel/hotels that we've stayed in. We didn't participate in the evening Greeting and meal since we were visiting relatives and had our primary meals with them. Both stays have been very pleasant and we will stay there again if we need to be in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty, in addition to the time you’ve taken to share your experience. Receiving a 5-STAR review from a consistent traveler, is true testament of our success. We appreciate the compliment regarding our hot daily breakfast buffet being the best in town – next visit you’ll have to stay for dinner. Return soon – as your ‘family’ at the ‘Homewood’ is awaiting your arrival.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very nice and helpful. The hotel room fell a little below my expectations from a Hilton but was still a decent hotel given the low price. The hotel shares the same grounds as the Hilton Garden Inn but has a separate lobby which can be confusing. I recommend this hotel for extended trips where you plan to utilize the kitchen.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We appreciate your business, in addition to your feedback from your recent stay at the Homewood Suites. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team being ‘nice’ & ‘helpful.’ However my sincere apologies that you felt our hotel to be below your expectations. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to understand where we fell short. In addition, I would like to learn more about your experience and confusion regarding the neighboring hotel. We are both under the Hilton umbrella, however we do not have the same ownership/management, nor are the properties connected. I would reach out to you, but Trip Advisor holds everything private – therefore I am unaware of your name / contact information. Please, at your convenience, I can be reach at: Greg Thompson, General Manager, 910.791.7272 or greg.thompson@hilton.com Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites and I look forward to speaking with you.