“Great affordable place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great affordable place to stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel but starting to show a little wear. Not sure how often they clean the duvets because when I asked housekeeping if they washed them after each stay, she replied "we try". Food was good considering it is free and if you are traveling with kids, it will be a great money saver. They only serve dinner monday -thursday. You can walk to the shoppes at Mayfaire in about 15 min. Traffic is a little sketchy, so be careful. I would stay here again. Harris Tetter right down road and with full kitchen you can bring all your snacks with you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Mayfaire on your recent trip to Wilmington NC. We appreciate your business in addition to your valued feedback. I wanted to address your comment above regarding our duvets and personally pass along my apologies, We indeed, launder our duvets after each guest checks out as part of our standard procedure. However, we do not when a guest is staying over, which is where the miscommunication may have resulted. I am pleased to announce that Hilton and the Homewood Brand have developed a new bedding standard that will take effect in July 2013. The new standard will no longer include a duvet. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to any future stays, as it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After reading all the reviews (and never being disappointed by 'fellow Trip Advisors'), we decided to stay in a King Suite for 2 nites during a recent trip to Wilmington to visit our granddaughter.
From the moment we registered until checkout, the staff was more than accommodating and friendly. A special thanks to Cheyenne at the front desk! She is SO sweet and helpful. (Management if you are reading this review, please consider giving this woman a raise - She does an outstanding job representing your property!).
The King Suite is very spacious and has a door between the livingroom and bedroom areas, with a television in each of the two rooms. Very convenient for my husband and I to watch our own favorite television shows.
The hotel is situated in the Mayfaire area, surrounded by a vast array of restaurants, a move theatre, etc. - all within a short distance from the hotel. The only regret I have is that we didn't have enough time to explore the various restaurants.
We plan to visit the area again in July and I won't even consider any other property other than Homewood Suites Wilmington/ Mayfaire.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Wilmington, NC. After reading your comments, I am thrilled to see we were able to exceed your expectations during your time at our property. The most important tool we have is the feedback of our guests, and I will be sure to share your message with our front office team, as well as all members of our hotel staff, including Cheyenne. They take a tremendous amount of pride in hearing when a guest of our property had a satisfying experience. Your last comment is what resonates to me, in that our goal was achieved . . . “We plan to visit the area again . . . and won’t even consider any other property” Thank you again for your business and we look forward to welcoming you home, this July!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I really don't enjoy being away from home, but the homey and welcoming environment, not to mention the cleanliness and accomodations makes travelling bearable for this homebody. The suite arrangement works well for family members who go to bed at different times and the kitchen is nice to have for those midnight hunger attacks. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of hot and cold options. We have found all the staff to be welcoming and helpful. The Mayfaire location offers shopping, restaurants, and a movie theatre.

Room Tip: We've been happy with both rooms we had the 2 times we've stayed here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for your selection of our hotel, and also for sharing valuable feedback on your experience with current and future guests of our property. We take pride in offering modern accommodations in a convenient location, with exceptional service for our guests. I am pleased to see our entire team provided you with the experience you deserve!
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I moved to this property after a horrific experience at a different hotel...
It felt so good to be greeted kindly and walk into a great room! Cozy, very clean, quiet and it's a newer property!!
Clean towels, you can walk on the carpet, comfy bed!!
Also has refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher etc...
Wish I would have stayed here last night too!!!
Great job Hilton!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and choosing to stay with us, here at the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our property to our housekeeping team as they and each member of our team, take great pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests. Next time your travels bring you to Wilmington NC, you’ll know where to stay first!
Lexington, KY
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very nice property and I'd stay again when I'm in the area. I was only there one night over a weekend, so didn't take advantage of the dinner / reception held during the week. The suites are a nice size and beds very comfortable. My only complaint was a fire alarm that went off at 5:30am, sending all of us outside (I later found out it was caused by dust from a sander when doing some work). These things happen, but I was a little disappointed not to get even the slightest apology for the inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments regarding your most recent stay, I wanted to personally reach out and ensure your concern is addressed and resolved. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and look forward to providing an experience for each of your future stays that exceeds expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to any future stays, as it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your satisfaction.
Irvine, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to make a last minute trip to Wilmington. Wanted a comfortable place to stay that was close to the New Hanover Medical Center. It was a great spot. Lots of eating choices near by. Had the complimentary breakfast and dinners and they were good. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend this location!

Room Tip: We could some times hear the people above us so you might want to get on the top floor. It wasn'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your business in addition to your feedback pertaining to your recent stay at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. I appreciate how you highlighted our location – Mayfaire Town Center, well as our clean suites and “extremely friendly” team. Thank you for the recommendation – We look forward to hosting your stay on your next trip to Wilmington, NC
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Homewoods. The rooms and lobby were beautifully decorated and clean. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a family medical emergency which brought us to the area. The staff, having been aware of this, expressed so much compassion and kindness. It was nice having a warm breakfast and a decent cup of coffee to start the mornings off. Even better to come back from the hospital to enjoy dinner over a few drinks. The bedrooms were extremely comfortable, spacious, and did not lack on pillows. The kitchen area is thoughtfully designed and has everything a traveler needs and more. Although we were unable to enjoy the full amenities the hotel offers, I fully intend to visit again under better circumstances. Thank you to the entire staff at the Wilmington Homewood Suites for providing my family with a warm stay during a difficult time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire, as I know there are a lot of choices in the Wilmington area. In addition, I want to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to share such a detailed review. My team and I were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our expansive complimentary food and beverage options, our oversized suites and most importantly our compassion, friendly team . . . After all, service is our passion! We will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.