“Great hotel, very comfortable!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to make a last minute trip to Wilmington. Wanted a comfortable place to stay that was close to the New Hanover Medical Center. It was a great spot. Lots of eating choices near by. Had the complimentary breakfast and dinners and they were good. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend this location!

Room Tip: We could some times hear the people above us so you might want to get on the top floor. It wasn'...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for your business in addition to your feedback pertaining to your recent stay at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. I appreciate how you highlighted our location – Mayfaire Town Center, well as our clean suites and “extremely friendly” team. Thank you for the recommendation – We look forward to hosting your stay on your next trip to Wilmington, NC

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Homewoods. The rooms and lobby were beautifully decorated and clean. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a family medical emergency which brought us to the area. The staff, having been aware of this, expressed so much compassion and kindness. It was nice having a warm breakfast and a decent cup of coffee to start the mornings off. Even better to come back from the hospital to enjoy dinner over a few drinks. The bedrooms were extremely comfortable, spacious, and did not lack on pillows. The kitchen area is thoughtfully designed and has everything a traveler needs and more. Although we were unable to enjoy the full amenities the hotel offers, I fully intend to visit again under better circumstances. Thank you to the entire staff at the Wilmington Homewood Suites for providing my family with a warm stay during a difficult time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire, as I know there are a lot of choices in the Wilmington area. In addition, I want to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to share such a detailed review. My team and I were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our expansive complimentary food and beverage options, our oversized suites and most importantly our compassion, friendly team . . . After all, service is our passion! We will continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Everything was great! Check in was fast and friendly. Lobby area was spacious and inviting. We found our room clean and close to ice machine and workout room. Breakfast was hot and very good. We decided to stay an extra night and the desk manager extended our stay with no problem. Check out was very easy and we did not feel rushed to get out. Hot coffee was available in the lobby area 24 hours a day which was nice since it was unseasonably cold and windy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it was a great experience!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of myself and my entire team, thank you for your recent stay at Homewood Suites Mayfaire – Wilmington NC. In addition, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience! There's no better advertising than strong, positive, first-hand feedback from our guests. Should your travels bring you back through the Wilmington NC area, we would love the opportunity to earn your loyalty and welcome you home, again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The staff is super friendly and the hotel is very clean. Rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are comfy. Location is very convenient with plenty of services and restaurants close by. I will def be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

On behalf of myself and the entire team, I would like to say Thank You! Thank you for the business, in addition to your feedback. I was thrilled to read your comments about the “super friendly” service provided by our team. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Wilmington, NC

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow - what a great Homewood Suites. Not only is the hotel absolutely clean and updated (only 3 years old), but the staff is superb! Kyle the F&B manager deserves extra kudos as he goes out of his way to make everyone feel at home and comfortable and enjoys the food - after the first day he remembered me by name! The rooms are spacious, the location is terrific (walking distance to the Mayfaire Commons).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to pass along my gratitude for choosing to stay at Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire, in addition to your time and feedback. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect the hotel from amenities to location, and most importantly our team. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. Thanks for your business...I hope you'll plan to stay with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We headed down to see our daughter at UNCW, and were just thrilled with our room. It was beautiful, clean, updated -- the desk staff was just wonderful. The wireless connection was easy and fast, and the room was very comfortable. All the reviews you read are true - this is really a nice hotel in a wonderful area. The Mayfaire shopping area is just down the street, and the beach is a short drive. We had a great weekend - made all the better by Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire. Providing great customer service is not just our mission, it's our passion! So, needless to say, hearing about your wonderful interactions with our team throughout your stay is very gratifying and much appreciated. My hope is we will have the opportunity to see you again soon, on your next trip to Wilmington / UNCW. – Go Seahawks!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the 2nd Homewood Suites we have stayed in and I highly recommend this hotel. Trust me when I say I am VERY picky when it comes hotel cleanliness and this hotel is EXTREMELY clean as well as beautifully decorated. The rooms are spacious and quiet and the complimentary breakfast was so delicious! And I have to say, the staff is the nicest I've ever encountered, always greeting me as I pass by the front desk and very helpful with printing directions to local destinations for my convenience. As an added bonus, the rates very reasonable! We will definitely look for Homewood Suites where we travel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Greg1234625, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Wilmington/Mayfaire during your recent trip to Wilmington North Carolina. After reading your comments, I am thrilled to see we were able to exceed your expectations during your time at our property. The most important tool we have is the feedback of our guests, and I will be sure to share your message with our front office team, as well as all members of our hotel team. They take a tremendous amount of pride in hearing when a guest of our property had a satisfying experience. Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area!