Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Scotland
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Our second visit here was just as good as the first. Accomodation is spacious, smart and clean. The friendly staff gave permission for our daughter to bring along a few of her UNCW friends to use the very nice pool - thank you!

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words and your repeat business. Our entire team takes great pride in providing genuine, personal service and we're very happy that was your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I spent 2 nights with 5 friends. I have never had such a pleasant experience.
every one I encountered was so courteous and helpful. it was so good not to have to leave for dinner our first night or have to leave for breakfast. The food was good and plentiful. Our suite was fabulous!! Beds were so comfortable. The linens smelt so fresh and clean.
I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our entire team takes great pride in providing genuine hospitality and we are so glad that was your experience. We couldn't ask for a better description...comfortable, clean, convenient, and courteous...wonderful feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share it. Please comeback and see us soon!
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 15, 2011

My husband And I were planning on spending 8 days in Wilmington NC and we looked through all the available options and settled on Homewood Suites. We really liked the idea of a small condo with a separate bedroom, kitchenette and living room. It turned out to be our best find because the room was comfortable, clean and we had two TV's so my husband could watch all the NCAA games and I didn't have to! We took advantage of the gas grille on the patio by the pool and hot tub one night and cooked a great steak. The staff was so helpful getting us set up to grill. The staff was always helpful and had a quick smile and a quicker answer to all of our questions. The location was very nice with so many restaurants, grocery and retail stores within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast everyday had a lot of choices and they also had free dinners Monday through Thursday with complimentary beer and wine. A wise choice and it saved us a lot of money too. All in all a great choice for us and we will stay there again next time we visit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Wow, thank you so much for the fantastic feedback and for taking the time to share it. There was an underlying theme to your review that really makes us feel validated...you were able to "make yourself at home", that is exactly what we're striving for and it's wonderful to hear. Again, thank you on behalf of my entire team and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I have stayed at many Hilton family hotels and was disappointed with this hotel. The hotel itself is conveniently located to shopping. The rooms were clean. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. My issues involved customer service. From the moment I checked in I was disenchanted with this hotel. Cheyenne checked me in yawning during the whole process with not a smile in sight. She was visibly annoyed when I had to return moments of checking in because the keycards did not work. My major issue with this hotel occurred after checkout when I returned home and realized that many items had been left in the room. It took 5 phone calls before someone located the items. That person was Michelle. She was extremely friendly and helpful. The other staff who I spoke with were indifferent and unhelpful. Unfortunately, not all of my items were returned. The containers that held the hard drives that had been left behind were not returned. Not a big deal as they were a couple of dollars a piece. However, my camera bag was returned without the video camera inside. Although Greg who I assume is the manager called after I negatively answered a survey, his response was patronizing at best. He claimed that the bag had been returned to me unopened which was not true. The bag was unzipped and without a videocamera when it was returned to me. Greg's handling of the situation was indifferent as well. So much for Homewood Suites 100% satisfaction guarantee promise.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Carolinahotelman, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
First, thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay, without candid feedback from our guests we cannot strive to continually improve.

My sincere apologies that your experience was anything less than outstanding as this is our commitment to every guest, every stay. It's particularly disappointing considering each of the proceeding 56 reviews since the hotel opened were so wonderful.

Providing genuine hospitality is our #1 priority and after reviewing your comments I felt compelled to address your feedback regarding check in. Knowing Cheyenne so well and having received such high praise from our customers over the last year, I knew she would be very upset to learn someone had sensed anything less than profound caring and kindness from her. After sharing the details with her, that was indeed the case, and she wanted to send along her personal apologies.

Finally, please know we take great pride in our lost and found procedures. While the hotel is not responsible for items left behind, basic human kindness drives us to locate, protect, and return these items that surely have great value to those that may have left them. Recently, we've enjoyed the opportunity to return something as simple as a favorite pillow and as valuable as a David Yurman bracelet. We will continue our search at the property and please share any further details you may learn as well.

Again, thank you so much for providing detailed and timely feedback. Our entire team will seek to improve ourselves and our hotel as a result.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in WIlmington for 5 nights and it was fantastic. The rates were extremely low compared with other Homewood Suites I've seen in the past as well as the other Hilton family hotels in the area.
It is in a fabulous location, halfway between the beach and downtown Wilmington and a 5 minute stroll from Mayfaire Town Center which has a bunch of restaurants, shops, and a 16-theatre Cinema.
The hotel itself was great. The suites are huge, even the lowest level Studio we had was very roomy. The breakfast in the morning was great, although hectic on Memorial Day weekend, there was plenty of options far and is beyond your typical continental breakfast. The "Manager's Welcome" dinner/drinks on Monday-Thursday is an underrated value as well.
The gym was great, very clean, and a bunch of tvs. The pool also is fantastic, very clean, nice outdoor speakers and a great outdoor lounge area with couches, TV, putting green and two nice gas grills (clean).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
And an amazing review, thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback. I really appreciated your words about our convenient location and the great value of the hotel itself. I was happy to see you'd enjoyed our private courtyard and pool area, the centerpiece of the property...a personal favorite of mine! It was designed to be a great place to gather with friends or relax and unwind and it's nice to see that in action. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with others and we hope to see you in Wilmington again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2011

here is what i wrote to the manager:
Hi Jason

I have been choosing your hotel over the past few months in my travel through NC.. I can choose any hotel I want and there has been a reason I have come back to your hotel. First of all I know that it is easy to point out why I am unhappy with my stay or your services. People traveling are tired and don't want to be away from home and so everything irritates them. But have to tell you’re the conditions and staff have been great. But beyond that I would like to mention several employees who have consistently gone above and beyond to make my stays comfortable and enjoyable. First I would like to mention Kyle Morrison, he always remembers who I am, goes out of his way to make sure I have everything I want and that it is up to my expectations. A great employee who is concerned about my comfort and happiness. I can't say enough about his efforts. Also Michelle who I see in the morning. Always a smile, never negative anything I ask is no problem and last but not least Cheyenne who has consistently gone above and beyond to make sure I have everything I need and getting me answers and help on everything with and around your hotel. Could you please reward them in some way? I travel allot and it is very important to me to feel the way I do here. If you could replicate these employees I would. I deal with people every day and these truly make a difference in why I choose your hotel. Pease let me know that you will acknowledge them. By the way I am a diamond member and would gladly give this to your boss, please forward this to him or her. Your hotel deserves the credit.

Below is my contact information , please feel free to contact me

Best regards

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My overall experience was unique in every way. The staff was amazing including cheyenne, brittany and michelle, they made the time more tolerable and far more enjoyable. The atmosphere was very relaxing and friendly, the food was amazing and the free beer was greatly refreshing. An overall amazing experience and i would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for exciting and leisure experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business