“So delicious we had to go back the next day!”
Review of Fish Bites

Fish Bites
Ranked #16 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving the best and freshest Seafood in Wilmington and surrounding areas. Live Lobster Tank. Local fisherman owned. Fresh seafood arriving daily. Daily specials. Homemade Desserts. Casual gourmet. Super friendly waitstaff. Where the locals hang out.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food was so wonderful (& very reasonably priced) and the staff so friendly and helpful we decided to go back again for brunch the next day - DELICIOUS!

2  Thank busytravellady T

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Just had crab cakes Benedict with fruit and pepper jack grits. Delicious! This is the second time we've been here this weekend. Service (Johnny) was fabulous!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Reading through the Wilmington Forums, I found a chef from Ashville asking where to get fresh seafood. Many people recommended this place, and since it was closer than most restaurants to where I stayed in Carolina Beach decided to give it a shot.

The place is tiny, somewhere around 10-12 tables (maybe?) but we called ahead and when they said now wait they meant it (The place was packed by the time we left around 7:30 though).

Our 17 months old fish sticks were excellent, good fish with a nice, crispy panko crust. Fried Zucchinni Fries were great, definitely get as a side. My mom's Maple Salmon was probably the best. Big thick cut of salmon wrapped in bacon with a not-too-sweet maple glaze. MMM!!! My wife might argue that her Swordfish special (stuffed with shrimp and lobster) was better, I enjoyed sampling both!

My "fresh catch" was a blackended swordfish that was a little overcooked, not as good as my mom's or wifes dish. Didn't love the shrimp bombs since I prefer crispy bacon to that which was undercooked while deep frying.

I'd recommend for sure!!

1  Thank BareTruth0827
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Fish Bites is in an unassuming strip mall with a gas station; however, inside it is a very nice seafood restaurant that is kid friendly. The fresh catch is exactly that--fresh. The scallops in particular are excellent. Make sure the save room for desert.

The kids menus has about seven items and there are several selections for sides including sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.

The price is good considering the quality.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Try the grilled romaine salad topped with whatever fish u want,off the charts, I eat here every week and have never had nothing but great great fish meals.

1  Thank Michael K