“Great Local Seafood”

Fish Bites
Ranked #11 of 669 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving the best and freshest Seafood in Wilmington and surrounding areas. Live Lobster Tank. Local fisherman owned. Fresh seafood arriving daily. Daily specials. Homemade Desserts. Casual gourmet. Super friendly waitstaff. Where the locals hang out.
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

A great local restaurant. The service is friendly and the staff really knows the menu. Food is always great and very fresh. Love, love, love the little cinnamon corn muffins. So good. Always try to take out of town guests here. They are always amazed at how good the food is. Bar at the back is very comfy and welcoming.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gracie102013

Columbus, Ohio
“Soooooo good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband went here for lunch on our honeymoon. It was fantastic, expensive but in my opinion worth it! The portions are huge! The waitress was very friendly and nice!

2 Thank Sierra C
FishBites, Manager at Fish Bites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed it. Come back and see us when you are back this way. Congratulations on the your marriage, we wish you many happy years. Thanks
Tampa, Florida
“Great lunch with two kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped here after a morning at the NC Aquarium for lunch on our way back home. Traveling with a three year old and a one year old- so meals out can be a challenge. We were greeted, seated and stocked with a kids menu with crayons within the first minute. Our wait staff was extremely friendly and checked on us often. We had calamari, flounder, clam strips, and shrimp with regular fries and zucchini fries. All of our food was very good- my three year old ate some of everything. When we got up to look at the lobster tank, our waiter took one out of the tank to show my son! Who knew the aquarium experience would continue after we left?! Highly recommend.

2 Thank Lucybelle1
FishBites, Manager at Fish Bites, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I'm glad your family had an enjoyable experience. Thanks so much for the great review. Come back soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Doesn't look like much from the outside. As others mentioned, it's in a strip shopping center just outside Carolina Beach. But it's very rare that three our of four diners at our table order different things and all four give rave reviews. With seafood, no doubt "fresh" is the key, and "fresh" it was. My wife and I said the ahi tuna was one of the best ever, and a very generous portion. Waited arrived at the table with a "bite me" t-shirt, but turned out to be a pleasant dude. We ate in several restaurants while visiting, but this was probably our favorite.

Greenville, North Carolina
“Our favorite seafood in Wilmington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to dinner here Thursday night with family & friends and really enjoyed it! I had the fried flounder and shrimp with slaw, zucchini fries and sweet tea. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. I had plenty leftover for lunch the next day or in my case a midnight snack! Others with me got blackened scallops, oyster appetizer and mussels appetizer (All were delicious - we all shared). Our waiter was so friendly and took great care of us. Can't wait to go back! My sister took pictures of all of our food, but since she hasn't sent them to me I can't share them. Just try Fish Bites, you won't be disappointed!