“Quiet Romantic Dinner”

Aubriana's Fine Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Aubriana's Fine Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 673 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dock, Orange
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“Quiet Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I ate at Aubriana's our last night in Wilmington. The owner of our B & B recommended it, but also indicated that he had not eaten here since the new chef has started. Both of our meals were excellent. My husband had the fried chicken with a corn meal type belgium waffle. He totally enjoyed every bite. The combination, while a bit heavy for my taste, was very good and different. I had the redfish with potatoes and green beans. While my dinner was excellent and really met my needs that evening, the server needed to be a bit more informed. When asked about the redfish, she told us it was between and drum and a grouper. Therefore, I'm not really sure exactly what kind of fish I was eating. The menu indicated roasted potatoes, which were in fact mashed. I asked for a glass of chardonnay. She did select a very good wine based on my taste, but I would have liked to have known that it was a $13 glass of wine before being served. In spite of these minor comments, we would definitely return. It was a nice, quiet restaurant on a Friday evening in the summer. The location on Front street was easy to find and close to the waterfront.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laura N

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Not 'fine dining'”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Terrible experience, had dinner here on the 4th of July with out-of-town guests and we were all sadly disappointed. Poor quality of food especially for the price you pay! We had rancid walnuts on our salad and the vegetable ficasse that came with the NZ lamb tasted like frozen vegetables that had been overcooked. I don't recommend this restaurant as there are plenty others in downtown Wilmington with much better quality.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank AmandaOki
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“Average at best - not 'fine dining'”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had been looking forward to trying this place since the new chef took over. And I was disappointed. The food wasn't bad but it was average and didn't live up to the hype. We asked the waitress what she recommended and she responded by saying she had not eaten any of the dishes. Very unhelpful. We ordered the shrimp, crab and corn chowder. Barely lukewarm, no flavor other than mountains of corn - just a bite or two of seafood. Grill marks on the filet were bitter and acidic they were so burnt. Had to slice off the top of the filet. Fried chicken had been left in the fryer just a minute too long. And the prices on the check rang up $4 higher than advertised prices. No apology. No manager visit. Next time, I'll take my business somewhere where the prices justify the experience. It is shameful to call this fine dining.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank apexdude
“Dining event”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great food, service, drinks. We had five couples, and all of us had rave reviews. Will be back again...

• Visited May 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A wonderful night out”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and another couple celebrated our anniversay over the weekend at Aubriana's. It was a lovely evening so we dined in the open air courtyard. The food was great. Three of us had filet which was fork-cutting tender and prepared exactly as we requested. The wine selection is good and features some very reasonably priced bottles. The waiter was well trained, knowledgable of the menu and wines and attentive without being a pest. This is a restaurant that is about a block outside restaurant and bar row on Front Street so I am concerned that many visitors may select other venues simply because they encounter them before reaching Aubriana's. That is a mistake. The quality and value of your dining experience at Aubriana's is well worth walking the extra block.

• Visited May 2013