“Crab cakes are as good as they say”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 709 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stopping overnight in Wilmington for my first visit there, I wanted to have a great seafood dinner. I walked into the large beachfront seafood restaurants and found them too noisy and frantic, so I left and found Catch. The waiter told me the crab cakes were the most popular item so I tried them along with one of the special house cocktails, The savannah. The Savannah is made with North Carolina moonshine, with ginger and a slice of grapefruit. I have no idea what moonshine is, but the drink was unusual and very good. The crab cakes were big on the crab, light on the filler. They were really good and the mashed potatoes and spinach underneath them added to the taste. Warm bread and pesto olive oil were brought without my asking for them and were also delicious. Recommend this warm and friendly little place to anyone who loves seafood and interesting cocktails.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Last night we had a wonderful dining experience. We're from Md. visiting our daughter who recommended Catch.We had the Sweet Potato Salad and the Cajun Fried Oysters. For desert we had Banana Creme Brule. Everything had such a fantastic flavor. Mime was lovely. I hope the next time we visit we're hungry enough to try a larger menu item.Till then----Thank you for the great culinary experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had tried the original version of this place downtown (now a small plates restaurant by the same chef) some years ago and liked it but hadn't made it to his new place on Market until our last trip. The food was inventive and delicious: fried oysters, sweet potato salad (think sweet potato fries on fresh spinach with dried cranberries), first-rate grilled grouper, and the best crab cakes I've had in a long time. Not cheap, but good value for the money (except for the cocktails--$15 for a martini in Wilmington? Puhleeze). Good selection of beer and wines by the glass. We sat in the bar, which was made noisy by the TV's running a constant loop of cooking shows, and by the staff yelling "coming through" every time they entered the kitchen (how about a window in the door?). Waitress was informed, efficient, and enthusiastic about the food. Overall, a good experience we'd like to repeat.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place looks so unassuming, but the food and drinks are fantastic!! They were out of the wine I wanted so the waitress suggested a cucumber margarita. It was outstanding, so refreshing and flavorful. The bread seemed very plain, until they brought out the most amazing flavored oil to dip it in--spinach, basil, a little balsamic, made by one of the waitresses!! It was ridiculously good.The wahoo and grouper were delicious, super fresh, with wonderful sides (cheese grits, wilted greens). The highlight of the evening was when a second round of bread was brought out.....by Chef Keith Rhodes!!! He was very personable and seemed pleased that we were enjoying everything. Just an incredibly great experience all around. Cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having tried many restaurants in the greater Wilmington/Myrtle Beach metroplex during the past four decades I was thoroughly and pleasantly surprised by the creativity and variety of menu items so refreshingly different from the standard regional fare. And, the soft shell crab, lobster entree and fried cajun oysters were all superb and served by a courteous and informed staff. My wife and I will definitely be back to enjoy the best dining experience in Wilmington.