“Not what I was expecting has never been so good”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Read the reviews on here and decided to try for dinner tonight. The menu scared me a bit as I hadn't ever tried most things in it but WOW was it good. Had the blackened red drum on top of spinach and grits and couldn't have left happier. Waitress Liz couldn't have been friendlier and made the experience that much more enjoyable. I will deffinetly be back anytime I'm in town, might even drive down from Raleigh just to eat here again soon!

1  Thank AndrewKinsey

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was our first time dining at Catch and we will be back. We had a wonderful starter with the Creole Fried Oysters followed by our entrees of NC crab cakes and a lobster house special. The crab cakes were some of the best we have ever had....big lumps of delicious NC crab prepared to perfection. The lobster entree was tasty and the ruby caviar and wasbi caviar were both a creatvie & yummy addition. The wait servers were pleasant and very helpful. We will definitely tell our friends and family about this wonderful place as a great choice for a special meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went to this restaurant for the first time last week. I had heard mixed reviews but friends chose the place and I was happy not to have to choose. The Food was great! The chef came out to greet the customers and chat around. Portions were fine and the cocktails well made. I will definitely be back for a second serving!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have had in Wilmington. My sister was visiting from out of town and we wanted to try a place we'd never been to before. We were literally talking about our meals for days. We shared the Firecracker Shrimp and it was the perfect beginning to our meal, a must have! I had the Crab Cakes and my sister had the Scallops, and it was difficult to decide because everything sounded wonderful.. I tried a cocktail called Savannah, and was a happy girl, yum! We literally ate every morsel on our plates. I can not wait to return!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

After a 9 hour drive firm PA to Wilmington, we looked forward to a fresh seafood meal on the coast. Catch did not disappoint. Three diners tried three entrees and shared - all were excellent. The fun thing about Catch is the inventiveness of the accompaniments... Coconut sticky rice with scallop cakes, lobster mashed potatoes with champagne, smoked pineapple relish (not to my taste but the others liked it). Dessert a house made ice cream with maple and bacon, though there was no taste of bacon even though there were supposedly bits of bacon in the mix. It was very creamy and delicious. Only drawback was a high school reunion in the room, only separated by a half-wall. It was very noisy. But definitely worth a trip. Make reservations for weekend evenings for sure.