“AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 685 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Asheboro, North Carolina
“AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Last night, I had the wonderful experience of visiting Catch restaurant. The last time, I had visited the restaurant they were located in downtown Wilmington so I was pleased to see such a spacious and welcoming environment at the Market Street location. After being seated, my server was pleasant and knew the specials to a tee, I was amazed at how she did not miss a beat in reciting all the specials.

I selected the Grilled Outer Banks Scallops with Green Papaya Salad, Coconut Sticky Rice and Smoked Pineapple Relish -- when I say it was delicious Oem Gee, LOL!! View the photo below so you can see how wonderful it looked. I was truly pleased to visit Catch again after such a long time, I will definitely not let so long pass between dining here again!!

I encourage ALL to visit. The service and food was truly wonderful.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Catch - Starting to slide a bit”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was bound to happen. Can't stay that good forever. I recently went back to Catch after a couple of month hiatus...and found them to be "resting on their laurels" with regard to food quality and service.

Not really going to elaborate anymore than that because being a long time Wilmingtonian...I already know the writing on the wall for this place.

I know Keith and Angela Rhodes are just wonderful, magnificent people - but when you start resting and serving food as bad as it was the other night......it's just a matter of time. Wilmington is a very unforgiving town and the Wilmington newspaper enjoys putting just average places out of business.

I hope you make it but I won't be back. At this price point one can't afford to risk 60 bucks a head on food that is hit and miss....

All the best, Keith and Angela - I know you will be back...:)

1 Thank njhome4u
1badchef910, Manager at Catch, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
njhome4u has 1 more review of Catch

“Simply the best! Nobody compares in quality, price and service”
This was your review posted just a few months earlier.Nothing has changed but the seasonal menu and cocktails. We love our customers and accommodate all our customers request when we can. On this particular evening you could not be accommodated, from interrupting other customers dining experience with loud and inappropriate comments to rudely cursing at our female server, if there are any deficiencies in your experience, we go above and beyond to resolve any issues .. As Catch is a local independent restaurant that pride our selves on repeat clientele and great customer service along with award winning creative cuisine. We hope to see you again so we can give you the experience you had in april..
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food is delicious, but tonight our service was terrible. Long, long waits even for water. Our waitress never checked to see how our food was and acted put out for ordering desert. We will go back eventually, but it's experiences like that that cause restaurants to fail in the long run.

3 Thank Wilmin
Mebane, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Catch is consistently good”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I make sure to visit Catch every time I visit Wilmington at least once. It is consistently good. I know that the ingredients can be trusted and that the end result will be both beautiful and delicious. I recommend focusing on the seafood items as that is the specialty here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank amoscraw
“Don't judge by the location......”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The strip mall location and faded blue awning are a little off putting but inside Catch you will not be disappointed. I am a big Top Chef and was very excited to try Catch. From the peach cilantro sangria through the fresh coconut cake, dinner was delicious. The menu looked a little limited and then our waitress, Melissa, told us about the 5 entree specials. My husband had one of the specials, soft shell crab. I has the crab cakes from the regular menu. Both excellent choices. We come to this area at least once a year and we will be making Catch a part of our trip again and again. Oh, make sure you have a reservation for weekend dining. Catch is on Opentable.

• Visited June 2013