“Stumbled Upon a Great Experience at Catch”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 721 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Flew into Wilmington for one evening for work and Catch was recommended by a colleague for a great local joint to get quality fresh seafood. Much to my suprise, not only was the food phenomenal, the service personal and great.....but I also stumbled into a celebrity chef. I had an incredible asian inspired salmon dish; I would order it again ina heart beat. The entire staff was warm and friendly, the chef, Keith Rhodes, not only brought me a complimentary appetizer - - - really delicious salmon mouse - - - but also greeted every guest in the restaurant and made a point to introduce himself. I don't generally post restaurant reviews, but for an experience this great, I will do it. And will return here next time I am in town.

1  Thank Jen B

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had reservations at 5:30, and got right in. There was only one other couple in the restaurant. We thought that was odd for Saturday. Waitress had very little personality. She stood there with her hands in her pockets, didn't smile, barely looked at us, and raddled off the specials so fast we could not understand her. Then she walked off. We looked at each other with the same thought. Lets get out of here. So, we walked out.

5  Thank Doug Y
1badchef910, Manager at Catch, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

After reviewing our security video of your dining experience we unfortunately cant agree with your reasons for leaving.We regret that you did ot stay longer to enjoy our full dining experience.With in 5 minutes of your arrival,your table had been watered and bread delivered.Your server had visited your table twice and given your wife special attention with her questions of the menu.This was within the 6 minutes of your arrival.At this point we had at least 5 tables and as the server left to retrieve drinks from the bar for her other table, you guys drank your water and got up and exited the restaurant.We strive for customer satisfaction.They may have been other reasons you decided to end your evening but it was not the service?

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Catch is our favorite Wilmington restaurant! Keith Rhodes never disappoints! His Blue Crab Claw Scampi is so incredible and his crab cakes are out of this world. The only problem I ever have when I go is deciding which of his wonderful dishes I am going to eat. I have eaten almost everything on the menu, and have NEVER been disappointed. The only thing that could possibly top the great food is the great staff. I feel like a member of the family when I walk through the door. Keith's wife Angela is always moving from table to table greeting everyone with a warm smile on her face, and our favorite server Terrie stops by to greet us even if she is not serving us. The staff works together as a team like no where else I ever go. When a plate is empty whoever is walking by will stop and offer to clear it away. I have observed so many other people being hugged and greeted like old friends, so I know the Catch has other customers who feel just like we do. Great Food and Great Service in a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Took my two out of town guests to dinner here last night. The food was outstanding, they raved! We had two bottles of wine and laughed the night away! The service great (Mimi treated us like family) and the best part, we got to hug Chef Keith before we left. Wilmingtonians, if you have not been to CATCH, go today!

1  Thank Millie D
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Service (waiter and hostess), food (appetizer, salad, seafood dinners, complimentery b'day dessert) and drinks were terrific. Made a wonderful evening for a birthday celebration.

1  Thank M S