“Best in Wilmington!”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 702 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Catch is our favorite Wilmington restaurant! Keith Rhodes never disappoints! His Blue Crab Claw Scampi is so incredible and his crab cakes are out of this world. The only problem I ever have when I go is deciding which of his wonderful dishes I am going to eat. I have eaten almost everything on the menu, and have NEVER been disappointed. The only thing that could possibly top the great food is the great staff. I feel like a member of the family when I walk through the door. Keith's wife Angela is always moving from table to table greeting everyone with a warm smile on her face, and our favorite server Terrie stops by to greet us even if she is not serving us. The staff works together as a team like no where else I ever go. When a plate is empty whoever is walking by will stop and offer to clear it away. I have observed so many other people being hugged and greeted like old friends, so I know the Catch has other customers who feel just like we do. Great Food and Great Service in a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Took my two out of town guests to dinner here last night. The food was outstanding, they raved! We had two bottles of wine and laughed the night away! The service great (Mimi treated us like family) and the best part, we got to hug Chef Keith before we left. Wilmingtonians, if you have not been to CATCH, go today!

1  Thank Millie D
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Service (waiter and hostess), food (appetizer, salad, seafood dinners, complimentery b'day dessert) and drinks were terrific. Made a wonderful evening for a birthday celebration.

1  Thank M S
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After seeing our local chef on Food Networks Top Chef, I was excited to experience Catch. The atmosphere was great, despite a strip location. The service, on a not so busy night, was not impressive. She would come, then not be seen again on the floor for 15 or so minutes, Not very attentative to our $7 draft beers, or food service. By the way, I had not paid $7 for a draft beer in a while, except at concerts or an airport!

There were three of us in the party. We had apps., entree's , and desserts. The apps. were very good and came in good time. The entree's took a long time (over 25 minutes) and while we expected the wait, because they advertise fresh food, it was a let down. The braised ribs, tasted like pot roastThe sides were very good. Another person got the fried chicken and waffles. Good chicken , but the waffle was soggy and the topping was just ok. The desserts were average, and not much better than Applebee's or any chain restaurant.

I was proud and cheered for Wilmington's Top Chef while he was on the show, but don't think I will be back to Catch soon. There are too many great restaurants in Wilmington for 1/2 the price.

1badchef910, Manager at Catch, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are a unique casual dining restaurant in a relaxed atmosphere minute from the beach.We understand not everyone will have the same experience.We strive hard for customer satisfaction.We value our customer comments and due an excellent job rectifying in
irregularaties.We are a community supported restaurant, and customer satisfaction is #1.If our staff or manager are notified of any issues with they're promptly addressed.We regret we did not have the opportunity to do so in this case.Our staff is knowledgable and compitent.We have had excellent reviews and value all customer comments.While visiting the coast, we encourage you to give us a try.Thank You, to all of our valued Trip Advisor guest .

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We visited Catch for the first time for Encore Restaurant Week. It was $35 a person for a four course meal. For a restaurant with a chef/owner from Top Chef and a James Beard Nominee the price did not seem bad but that was only until the food was served. My boyfriend enjoyed the fall soup however I found it to only be okay. Let me make it clear that I did not come to this restaurant expecting okay. I ordered the chairman's fried rice and if he ever serves that dish to the chairman on iron chef I'd love to be there to here his review. The presentation was horrible and the dish had no flavor whatsoever. My boyfriend order the catfish and once again it was merely okay. The only thing I can say I honestly enjoyed would be the dessert. The most shocking thing to me was the $11.25 bottle of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin Beer. There is nothing that can be said about that besides outrageous. This is not a restaurant to come and enjoy drinks at. As far as the service each course was extremely slow and we had to ask the server about the specials after over hearing her at the other table.

After we received the check it was interesting to see that Catch was offering to give people a $25 credit towars their next visit over $50 for a positive trip advisor review. Last time I checked you were not able to buy positive reviews. Maybe their offer can be accreditted towards all the positive reviews they have received lately.As a hospitality director I find this despicable. And please don't bother responding to my review if you are not going to be more creative then your previous generic management responses.

5  Thank AntiquedTravel

irregularaties.We are a community supported restaurant, and customer satisfaction is #1.If our staff or manager are notified of any issues with they're promptly addressed.We regret we did not have the opportunity to do so in this case.Our staff is knowledgable and compitent.We have had excellent reviews and value all customer comments,even this guest. We never solicit guest for reviews,but simply ask if you had a nice evening please leave us a review @ the site of there choosing.We also run seasonal specials that we promote to diners who have had a pleasent experience.While visiting the coast, we encourage you to give us a try.Don't forget to say hello,and leave us review.Thank You, to all of our valued Trip Advisor guest .