“Yum! And Fun!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Totally enjoyed my lunch here! After visiting the battleship, we needed a place for lunch and to watch part of the World Cup final before checking into our hotel. The atmosphere was really fun - instant camaraderie. The service was excellent and the food was delicious! We were very happy with our choice and will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Copper Penny was one of the first restaurants that my hubby & I ate at when we moved to the Wilmington-area almost 9 years ago--and it's still a steady go-to place for lunch.

Monday and Friday are my favorite days at the Copper Penny. The Monday special is the fried shrimp and Friday is the fish and chips. Both are very good. My colleague had the cheesesteak--a regular for her--and she always enjoys it and has enough to take half home.

On the down side, it is a BAR/restaurant, so if you don't care for that environment, don't go here. Most of the tables are high, pub tables. Again, if you don't like sitting at those, don't go here. While there are a few standard height tables, they fill very fast. It's also LOUD. If you want to carry on an important conversation or have a business lunch, there are quieter places. It also gets very busy during the peak lunch hour, so be prepared to wait if you're not there before the rush or after it. Overall, though, it's a very good lunch spot and popular with the locals.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

After reading a couple reviews some idiots put up about not wanting to revisit this restaurant because they saw people carrying firearms, I immediately went there and ate to support this local business. Food was great, service was great (especially considering how busy they were) and will definitely be back for further support!

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We go to Copper Penny a few times a month and have not ever had a bad experience. Great food, service/staff, and atmosphere. To those bashing them over allowing guns, get over yourself!! You would be surprised how many people carry that you do not see. I carry a gun in my purse all the time.

1  Thank stephanie l
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Loved this place! As the title says, the staff are awesome. On top of that, fantastic selection of beers on tap (rotated weekly), great atmosphere, and great food. As a vegetarian, they have plenty of things I could eat and I would highly recommend trying their Black Bean Burger or Spring Rolls. This is one place that I will always visit whenever I am in Wilmington!